New Browning

Womphorn

@ Brummy Mark. Would love to try one but I do not know anyone with one and as far as I know the stocks are imported by Jackson Rifles and they are trade only so I do not think they would like me turning up and asking for a wee shot of a product they won't sell me.

I know some of the rifles are stocked at Greenfield Guns and Shooting Supplies Ltd but they are 6.5 and 4.5 hours away from me, Swillington Shooting Supplies are however 3.5 hours away so I may bite the bullet and go for a look.

Regards

I've got a browning .223 (sporter) and its been a great rifle producing some great accuracy in a lightweight package. The action has a short bolt lift and is very solid, plus the detachable mag (can top load and remove by opening the floorplate) is a pretty good feature on a hunting rifle. I've not really heard a bad thing said about the Browning's other than a total lack of aftermarket parts.

Regarding the GRS - I've got one of the earlier models which is similar to the new one - I use it on a Tikka T3 .243 Varmint and to be honest it's pretty good for a laminate. Nice and solid but light enough, am able to build a good solid position with it off a bi-pod.

I have owned two A-bolts, one in .223 and one in .243. I cannot understand why they are not more popular, both of them shot sub-moa groups (the .223 preferred the lighter stuff mind), both came with two magazines, were pre-threaded at 14x1, had a really good bolt lift angle and were just good, hardy rifles. Off the top of my head the cost around £500 quid new. I see no reason why the X-bolt wouldn't be as good, if not better.

Regards

Archived