Little avice please

Evan

just about to order some new redding s type bushing match dies for a 223 which I have on order

I have not got any rounds for it

this a bushing die so does anyone know which size bushings I need to order with it

I will be using lapua cases and nosler 50 grn BT heads to start off anyway

thanks for looking

Evan

sorry I am just going over to a 223 have not got any rounds I was getting the dies ready for when my rifle arrives

thanks

Evan

Seat a bullet-the ones you are going to use-in an unloaded brass case-the ones you are going to use-and measure the neck where the bullet is.Take off .002,maybe .003.(it can be useful to have another bushing .001 smaller,as brass can change a little with repeated firings).That is your bushing size -for your batch of brass (and bullets)-even lapua has been known to vary in different batches (blue v gold boxes eg).You may well end up with the same as measured by other samples of lapua/bullet,but yours is definitive,being derived from your brass/bullets.(I am assuming it's a no turn neck,ie not a tight neck chamber-just 'standard one').You can either then pull the bullet,or better still, seat the bullet exactly to your prefered depth for that bullet,when you settle on seating depth,and keep that 'round' as a reference dummy for that bullet.

Gbal

Archived