Sika Liver

Hello it looks well enough on the whole the liver & the bit on the liver looks like little fatty bit other than that of a water sack of a parasite worm.I know it aint a bit fat so im quessing at slight/start of liver fluke or at worst TB if in your area but it is mild for fluke/TB.

What sort of condition was the sika before shot & after shot was it a normal good beast or poorer quality.

To be honest i am a DMQ2 with lots of deer experiance but could do with getting my fingure out & getting stuff on diseases & read up again as my deer are so well its rare to see much signs wrong with them other than just age getting them.

Hi V-max,

was a young spike in great condition.

Didn't find any other abnormalties. Didn't find the glands

in the neck, that's where the bullet struck. But glands in the gut looked ok.

Liver only had that one spot. Had posted on another site and the two answers

i received both said tapeworm cyst. The other liver that I had posted had

with a high possibility of TB, but those lumps where very symetrical and totally

different to this one that also seemed harder.

cheers

edi

Yeh a tape worm parisite sounds right as it sounds to have been too good a condition to be fluke/TB & not enough spots. Have seen reds with little water type sacks that are a parisite/worm type thing on there guts/intestines.

The liver to me looked very good & still very eatable to me with the lump being harder is more like a parisite type thing & nothing realy to worry about as TB is a softer pussy lump.

Archived