700 remington

Guest ds2

Hi Dave,if you do go for one mate,will you be getting rid of your HS stock?And,if so can I have first dibs please?........................Martin.

yes mate no probs, what colour do you want it in :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D ,dave.

As James says, they are bloody heavy and certainly not cheap, but I love mine, it just feels right, but for the same money give or take a few quid you could get a McMillan A5.

Here's a picture of what lies beneath, sorry about the quality of the photo

AI.jpg

AI2.jpg

Ian

As James says, they are bloody heavy and certainly not cheap, but I love mine, it just feels right, but for the same money give or take a few quid you could get a McMillan A5.

Here's a picture of what lies beneath, sorry about the quality of the photo

AI.jpg

AI2.jpg

Ian

looks f...ng nasty mate, do you use it for deer as well as paper.

AICS is a very good platform but its not cheap and it becomes a heavy rifle. What barrel profile do you have, as it is a large channel on the chassis that needs filling.

its a sporting profile james, 20" long.

You probably wont see the barrel Dave, it will be swallowed up. See the Desert camo rifle in the Duracoat review, thats the sort of profile.

who gives a that which promotes growth and vigour about seeing it as long as it shoots well.

looks f...ng nasty mate, do you use it for deer as well as paper.

No, that's my foxing rifle in .223 soon to be a 22BR. These are not suitable as a carry rifle, the rifle in the picture is a Remington 40x with a 25 inch 8 contour barrel, the combined weight including the scope is about 15lbs, so it's strictly a rifle to be used from a vehicle, highseat or ambush postition.

Ian

No, that's my foxing rifle in .223 soon to be a 22BR. These are not suitable as a carry rifle, the rifle in the picture is a Remington 40x with a 25 inch 8 contour barrel, the combined weight including the scope is about 15lbs, so it's strictly a rifle to be used from a vehicle, highseat or ambush postition.

Ian

nae thats what mine is now, and do everything with it . out at the hinds all day no probs, whats a bit of weight between friends, get in the gym bro, :D:D:lol::lol:

anyway, you cant see it in a hs stock, it will make no odds if you can or cant see it as long as it shoots ok and it does shoot very well as you know. :D:lol:

Yes it does shoot well Dave, very well...As the saying goes if it aint broke dont fix it!!! :D

Like I say, keep the HS and send it me for some Duralove, you know you want too. :lol:

nae thats what mine is now, and do everything with it . out at the hinds all day no probs, whats a bit of weight between friends, get in the gym bro, :D:D:lol::lol:

I can just see you walking off the hill with the rifle slung over your shoulder and a hind in each hand :)

quote name='Elwood' date='Feb 23 2008, 11:22 PM' post='20834']

I can just see you walking off the hill with the rifle slung over your shoulder and a hind in each hand :D

1030578zs0.jpg

there you go elwood three hinds just about to pick em up and go home mate.

Archived