night licence

nemasis243

I have been approached by a very large apple grower to irradicate the deer that are doing a lot of damage to his orchards , but due to certain reasons it looks like the deer may only be able to be stalked at very last light.

Does anyone know any information regarding deer culling at night and the special licences you have to have.

You have an hour after sunset in which to cull any deer If you do wish to shoot after this, perhaps with a lamp then the LAND OWNER will have to apply for a license for night culling, to Englsh Nature, I Think, stating his reasons for the request

Ian

Try and get him to let things go quiet as soon as he can, they will come the last hour before dusk and that will give you roughly 2 hrs shooting, plenty of time to get your cull, they will soon clear off when your second/3rd shot goes off anyway and dont go every night, he needs to understand they learn quickly and will just come later at night or early morning.

They will ask your cull methods before granting a night licence as they know all this and if you ve been lacing them every night for a month, will just tell you to leave them for a bit.

I had this on a new hardwood plantation near me and owner would not hear of softly softly etc, wanted me there every night and morning! and he had only used rabbit tubes, no licence! listen to your stalker was the reply.

Went at random times and days for a couple of months, job done! down to odd deer occasionally. Obviously the ones that didnt know it was a bad place to be :lol: . I still get the odd one, he has his grant, and everyone happy.

Redfox

PS erradication is impossible in this country, good control very possible, should keep you busy for ages. :lol:

Archived