My new Tikka Super Varmint.

My new Tikka supervarmint .308, just picked it up, also ordered the GRS S/V stock at the same time. Mod is an Atec Maxim.

Stuck it all together yesterday evening and made up 9 rounds at starting charge with N140, boresighted it and fired 3 into 3/4" without the mod attached (just to double check bullet stability so i didnt destroy my new Maxim!) I then attached the mod and fired another 3 into 2/3" but the POI only moved down half of an inch! Which i presume is down to the short fat barrel and light moderator.Then adjusted the scope and the final 3 also went into 2/3".

I'm looking forward to doing some proper load development, looking good so far!

One thing I noticed though was the Maxim was noticeably louder than my T8, Jacksons said it was about the same performance. Which im not doubting. But does a dirtier ,fouled moderator get noticably quieter with age? I'm certainly happy with the weight saving over the T8 though.

post-11205-0-91596300-1376823753_thumb.jpg

I have to say if I didn't have a thumbhole laminate on mine I'd really go for one of those GRS stocks, very nice looking rig, whats the sling by the way? looks comfy

Yes I'm really pleased with the stock, feels very good. The sling is a TAB Gear biathlon sling. It is comfy!

Archived