First Stag of the season!

photo-1_zps38057686.jpg

photo_zps49c48a85.jpg

IMG_0716_zps2d71b93c.jpg

First Red Stag of the season. Initially i was stalking a Roe Buck when all of a sudden i stumbled on these 3 stags. As i had no muzzle clearance i was forced to shoot the AI from a fence post. Shot was executed perfectly in the neck and on closer inspection the - was shattered, couldn't of been any cleaner. After the shot it was great to see how a moderator does its job as the other 2 stags just trotted around a bit within 50 yards from me. As i was alone this time i choose to leave the other 2 for for the rut in September. The drag to the truck was emotional but that is another story! Last picture shows just how much meat is in the saddle area.

Certainly finding my management maturity kicking in these days, its never been about the money for me! The real work starts when you knock just one of these beasts over.

+1 glad that's how you think! It's a shame not everyone has the same education. I hate to see when greed kicks in any form of shooting.

Congratulations Carl! Thats a fine animal you took there from what sounds like a challenging shooting position with that AI you have.

Cheers Paul

Took this fella on Fri night and had family commitments all weekend otherwise i would of joined you on the Sunday, sounds like the RH shoot was very successful? How did you fair with the TRG? Let me know when Tiff has firmed a date up for the second shoot as i will free the diary this time?

Regards

Carl.

Archived