H-4895 and IMR-4895

gunner

i know there V similar burn rates what du recon the real world differences would be ? just cheaking on QL- and with a 23grain charge imr is about 60 fps slower but 9000psi less pressure , not sure to try imr ?? anyone using it or imr? thanks guys ....tim....

Tried it when I couldn't get any H4895 but for the .308 load I was using at the time IMR4895 wasn't giving me enough velocity and I was already pushing the case capacity, so I gave up on it.

bugger , do you know how far down it was in comparison ?? as if only like 50 fps , im thinking not too bad ! thanks DS

I think it was more than that for me. To look at it another way I needed 0.8-1.0gn more of IMR to make the same MV. So as long as you have enough space in your cases, you may as well give it a try. There's not many other powders which come that close to H4895 in terms of burn rate and density.

I think it was more than that for me. To look at it another way I needed 0.8-1.0gn more of IMR to make the same MV. So as long as you have enough space in your cases, you may as well give it a try. There's not many other powders which come that close to H4895 in terms of burn rate and density.

thanks DS , i managed to find some H4895 last nite on a website , they had 7 tubs ! i bought 3 today pheew ! soo happy, they will still have 4 left if you need any ? let me know !

Archived