VIXON ON HEAT

nemasis243

I just wrote this once and pressed the wrong button and lost it all , what a tool :angry:

Anyway spoke to goodmate of mine 6mmBR yesterday afternoon about bunny bashing, so I decided to take the old 17HMR out for walk,headed off to an old WW2 airfield that has lots of gorse patches and banks so there is often a good chance to bang a bunny or two,just shot a rabbit through the head at about 80yrd and as I was walking over to it I noticed a Reddish colour at the edge of a gorse bush about 160yrds away,up with the binos and it was a charlie, I was very surprised to see that laying there sunning its self after the shot, so nice and slowely started moving to get a better position for a head shot, next thing out to my left stood a big old dog fox as I moved to look at him he took off like a train towards the other fox barking as he ran , as he reached the other fox they both dissapeared into the gorse :angry: broccoli I thought ,never mind have a squeak and see what happens :D called for about 10mins and nothing so picked up my bunny and set off to look for another,then as I came round the side of some rubble I could see a charlie mooching about by an old rabbit warren,sticks open rifle on top and goodnite :D I stood for a while and called to see if I could see the other one but to no avail.

When I got over to it , it was a Vixon in prime condition and she was stinking,and well in heat by the look of her

17022008055.jpg

so rubber gloves on at took her over to some steel work and hung her up with her ass facing down to let any urine drip from her, then it was back hom for tee and get the bigger toys out , the 20cal and the 243 :D

We went back and set up in a gully which gave us a clear shooting position and vantage point about 150yrds from the Vixon,after about half an hour two pairs of eyes comming in from different directions , let them get in range and had a lovely left and right ;) , what a start to the night.

We shot another 4 using the 20 cal and after about 3hrs decided to call it anite.

18022008059.jpg

On the way home stopped and had a look at a small piece of land that I got and heres charlie about 150yrds away,243TIME :D

As he was facing away from me had to shot for the back of his head and this is what a 58grn Vmax did to the front as it exited :P

18022008058.jpg

DEEP JOY what a cracking night :D gonna have another look at her tonight for an hour see if anything else comes along :lol:

I just wrote this once and pressed the wrong button and lost it all , what a tool :angry:

We shot another 4 using the 20 cal and after about 3hrs decided to call it anite.

Hi Nemasis243

Cracking shooting dude, being a computer virgin i know exactly what mean, when i was trying to post pic's i lost them several times before i sust it :angry:

I read one of your many other posts about the 50 th of the year WOW !!! How many do you average a year / season, can i borrow some of your aftershave :D:D

Cheers Steve

Hi Nemasis243

Cracking shooting dude, being a computer virgin i know exactly what mean, when i was trying to post pic's i lost them several times before i sust it :lol:

I read one of your many other posts about the 50 th of the year WOW !!! How many do you average a year / season, can i borrow some of your aftershave :lol::lol:

Cheers Steve

As I work away from home some times through the year I havent had a full 12months in one stretch but I do Jan1st to Jan1st and average around 280-350 a season.

But I do a lot of hours for this number and cover a hell of a lot of ground ;) I will drive 180 miles in a night round trip if theres a charlie at the other end but I do get a real buzz from it , I was a competion shooter for many years and this has more than filled the gap. :D

Nice going Andy, nothing like the smell of a hot vixen to get the boys going :lol:

Only managed the one last night, the Ackley messed it up a bit to much for a photo :lol: its amazing how much damage a 52gn Berger travelling at 4030fps dose :lol:

Cheers

Dave

Archived