Blueprinting ?

Could someone tell me what the term `blueprinting` refers to re actions.A blueprint is a drawn plan to my knowledge,so what`s that got to do with accurising an action ?

Thanks.

Hello Matone

Have a look on YouTube underblueprinting a rifle action

Very envolved work

Worth it as I'm having it done

Regards

Alan

Hello Matone

Have a look on YouTube underblueprinting a rifle action

Very envolved work

Worth it as I'm having it done

Regards

Alan

Great vids on YouTube but personally, unless you are doing the work yourself, I can't see the point in doing all that work on a Remington 700. I dread to think what it would cost! Then, if you ever come to sell it - it's just a Remmy!

Of course, there's blueprinting and blueprinting - the YouTube guy does the lot but how many 'smiths would simply skim the lugs, bolt and action face and claim he'd blueprinted it?

IMHO much better to buy a custom action in the first place - it will be no more expensive and hold it's value.

Great vids on YouTube but personally, unless you are doing the work yourself, I can't see the point in doing all that work on a Remington 700. I dread to think what it would cost! Then, if you ever come to sell it - it's just a Remmy!

Of course, there's blueprinting and blueprinting - the YouTube guy does the lot but how many 'smiths would simply skim the lugs, bolt and action face and claim he'd blueprinted it?

IMHO much better to buy a custom action in the first place - it will be no more expensive and hold it's value.

+1

Atb

Archived