Evening stalk with my kid

Went out for an evening stalk as my roe have started to come out more as i get quite a bit disturbance.My 5yrs old daughter wanted out so i took her out & we got this doe & thought i would share the pics.

Picture2473.jpg

Picture2474.jpg

Took this pic from other adventures of hinds out the hill.

Picture2426.jpg

My boy has been out with me since he was 3.

With his mum working full time he would be bundled into the Landrover

and spend his days on the hill with me.

During the Rut he would wrap himself in my Midge jacket and

sleep on my gunbag while I waited for the bucks to show.

During this particular outing he slept right through the shot as well

and had to roused once the buck was down.

A dab hand at locating a beast in long grass or deep heather, would charge

me a fiver if he found it before me.

Aren't kids great?

Now he's 12 he's too busy chasing girls to spend time with his old man.

105_0563.jpg

105_0571.jpg

Nice going V-Max, good to see you are starting them early.

How many of the hinds did you drop :lol::lol::lol:

Nice one,good to see youngsters out in the field.Last night my youngest was given the choice of coming with me to bait my area with pig guts or stay at home and watch TV.I did warn him that they stunk but he was as happy as the proverbial pig sliding on the ice in the moonlight :) Probably not politically correct in this day and age but it it is not unusual for pre school kindergarten kids over here to be invited to an elk or roe hunt,blood,guts and everything.

Good show Baz,

Must get my young lad out when i get home from Oman. He is six and is gagging to get out with his pop.

I will give you a call when i get home as i will be needing as much does off as poss.

All the best

Ads

Ecellent job :P:D

My six year old is begging me to take him hunting, up till now he,s only been to clays and target session's up the farm.

Cant believe the stick your getting on PW ;);) MUPPETS!!!!!

I am firmly in the camp of starting them young, as I was!!!

This is a pic of my youngest taken in Jan, she is only 6 but this was her second season beating/shooting with me.

Shoot1.jpg

Her older brother is a bit of a pro now and only 10 years old:

BenjaminDuck.jpg

A bunch of kids out shooting like this means the sport has some future....

Shoot6.jpg

Jerry

A picture speaks a thousand words and all that...there smiles say they are enjoying it immensely .

Martin

Well said Martin, I spend as much time as I can in the countryside (not as much as I would like) and my kids have be coming out with me for years now, my daughter love lamping if she had her way I'd be out 8 nights a week, she is now 16 and with gut and skin rabbits without any trouble at all and is normally the first to ask to do them. Her brother is 19 and love shooting with me he has had his shotgun and firearms ticket since he was about 12 - 14 yrs old. On many occasions both my pair have been out with me and seen alsorts and have said to me " I wonder how many kids in my school have seen this" My daughter and I was out laming one night and we spent ages just watching two row bucks fighting just 40yds from us, they can't teach that in the classroom my daughter said.

Keep up the good work pard your daughter is having a ball by the look on her face. I see it a lot of youngsters every season on the shoots I attend and they love it, if you don't include the youngster early in life then you have no chance when they are in there teens and stuck on a play station. Getting them involved is an education for them.

Archived