Bullet suggestions for 1:9 .22-250

Akeld

Hello all, I have a 1:9 LW fitted to my .22-250, I'm not having much luck with 75Amax and I think the twist is too fast for my old 52Amax/Varget load, rifle is (well was) used everyday for vermin, fox with the occasional Scottish roe, with reloading supplies in such short supply this rebarrel is proving to be a nightmare, any suggestions greatly appreciated, Thanks

Yeah 1/8 needed for 75,s to be honest,,,,,,best to keep as heavy as possible so there,s 55g Nosler bt,s 55 Sierra blitzkings,,60g Vmax,,,,,Reckon the Noslers may be a good compromise as I think they are a bit tougher in the Jacket and may well be better for Roe?

If you want a real cracker for accuarcy and easy to tune then probably Berger 73g BT,,,stunning!! in 1/9 223.I may well buy a truck load of these before they cull any more off in the future.Best of luck,,,Onehole

Thanks for the suggestions, I was looking at the Noslers, I did try some bergers but again mixed results.

It appears I may have spoke to soon, just realised my callipers are giving dodgy readings, switched to the spare set and redone my seating depths and now groups are showing promise , got to love reloading :huh:

Thanks for the suggestions, I was looking at the Noslers, I did try some bergers but again mixed results.

It appears I may have spoke to soon, just realised my callipers are giving dodgy readings, switched to the spare set and redone my seating depths and now groups are showing promise , got to love reloading :huh:

Your on the ragged edge mate with Amax 75,s,,in a 1/9 ,,,,If Berger don,t do it then there must be something else goin wrong here?? ATB anyways,,onehole

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I have a 1:9 LW fitted to my .22-250, I'm not having much luck with 75Amax and I think the twist is too fast for my old 52Amax/Varget load, rifle is (well was) used everyday for vermin, fox with the occasional Scottish roe, with reloading supplies in such short supply this rebarrel is proving to be a nightmare, any suggestions greatly appreciated, Thanks

if you can , try some sierra 65grain game kings, they hav a fairly long boat tail like the vlds , with soft point ! should drop all the mentioned with allthority . bc is around 300 i think ...

Archived