Thermal imager for finding lost game

dorg

Has anybody used a thermal imager for finding lost game in typically sugarbeet on shoot day. I am thinking of getting a pulsar quantum and wondered if it would be any good for this as well as foxing ?

Has anybody used a thermal imager for finding lost game in typically sugarbeet on shoot day. I am thinking of getting a pulsar quantum and wondered if it would be any good for this as well as foxing ?

or a good dog.

Excellent for spotting foxes - or anything else it can 'see' as heat; but will not detect anything hidden or covered, even by grass. I have a Guide IR. Thermal is the future, but still has its limitations.

Excellent for spotting foxes - or anything else it can 'see' as heat; but will not detect anything hidden or covered, even by grass. I have a Guide IR. Thermal is the future, but still has its limitations.

Are you sure on this chap? mine will pick up a fox no problem at all in rushes.

Spot on. The TI has to "see" heat.

I just thought it may be good for the picker ups to use with the dogs range may only be 10 or 15 feet, we all know what a bugger sugarbeet is to pick up in.

Quite sure chap.

The reason you can pick up 'heat' in rushes is because there will be 'bits' of the target showing between the stems. If its solid cover, 'our' level of TI cannot pick it up.

Quite sure chap.

The reason you can pick up 'heat' in rushes is because there will be 'bits' of the target showing between the stems. If its solid cover, 'our' level of TI cannot pick it up.

Ye i get ya if its full cover as say a tree you don't pick anything up, but it will pick up looking at say bushes, edgelines with ease, this is the biggy over nv.

Mine will pick up rabbits at 200 yards sat in fern a foot high, spots birds roosting in tree, thick ivy ! picks up heat from owl boxes so you can detect if they are home or not, dropped a fox last night in a large field of sugar beat he was 175 yards out and you would have no chance of retrieving him with a lamp but thermal found him.

I love it

its a massive step up from the best spotting NV

Mine is a Pulsar HD38 the same as Andy ( camo 304 )...............

Mine will pick up rabbits at 200 yards sat in fern a foot high, spots birds roosting in tree, thick ivy ! picks up heat from owl boxes so you can detect if they are home or not, dropped a fox last night in a large field of sugar beat he was 175 yards out and you would have no chance of retrieving him with a lamp but thermal found him.

I love it

its a massive step up from the best spotting NV

Mine is a Pulsar HD38 the same as Andy ( camo 304 )...............

What distance do you think a hd38 would pick up the heat signiture of a fresh shot pheasant laying in sugarbeet please

I use the HD38 to locate dropped foxes etc. It works a treat.

The last fox cub I dropped in long clover I walked past three times looking for it with a light. In the end I took the TI and walked straight to it.

It helps to be at a vantage point and walk a mate onto the location.

Atb

Are SC not doing a try before you buy on there thermal gear?

What distance do you think a hd38 would pick up the heat signiture of a fresh shot pheasant laying in sugarbeet please, Don't shoot pheas and none of my shoots have sugarbeet so sorry no idea.

What distance do you think a hd38 would pick up the heat signiture of a fresh shot pheasant laying in sugarbeet please

You will only be able to see the phesant when you are directly above it looking down through the gaps in the beet. so about 2 yards!

Archived