Anyone got a swarovski z5

22/250 foxer

Hi guys looking for a new scope for my 223. Well I say new but I will more then likely get a second-hand one from that guy in scotland in tain.

Now im not sure between the z5 5x25x50 or the z6 5x30x50 does anyone know if they use the same glass etc. I know the mk2 z6 scopes have the hd glass

I have both the 5-25 and 3.5-18 Z5's. Of the two the 5-25 is brighter, it's on my fox rifle, and the other is on my stalking rifle.Both have the balistic turrets and for a hunting scope I don't think you'll get better. Ihad a 2-12Z6 on my last stalker and would say I lost nothing on brightness or sharpness and got a lighter scope to carry all dat/night.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Not to butt in on conversation guys but I would like anyone's opinion on the z3 swarovski scopes as I am thinking of purchasing one for my howa 223 foxing rifle. At the moment I have a bushnell legend hd on it and this is a good enough scope for the job but I think it would be better suited on my 17hmr . I want the swarovski 4-12x50 with ballistic turrets , but here's the question , do they actually work I have watched the videos on them and they seem pretty good but does anyone use the BT frequently and how good are they and the optic .

Optically the Z3s are very nice. The NZ Hunter guys here rate them as a spook-n-shoot scope.

I have a ballistic turret on mine but it's an aftermarket one in straight MOA. That means you can easily swap it between guns, ie not stuck with a custom turret that only suits one load/rifle.

Archived