Gimick or tool???

My brothers just brought one for his new rifle and i am very impressed..

Great solid build but not excessively heavy, optics are comparable to my Swaro daytime and not far off at night :blink:

Range finder works a treat and the remote works every time.

Software for working out which BDC turret to fit with your chosen load.

Not tried it on a gun yet in real world situations, hope to at the w/end.

Let you know how it goes..........

pro.jpg

Bushnell Yardage Pro 4-12x42 Laser Rangefinder Riflescope 204124 belongs to well-known Bushnell Yardage Pro series.

Bushnell's all-in-one guide to hitting everything. Bushnell Yardage Pro 4-12 x 42 Laser Range Finder Rifle Scope combines a premium 4–12x 42mm rifle scope, laser range finder and bullet-drop compensator, so you can see your target with stunning clarity and nail it with lethal precision. Fully multi-coated optics of the 20-4124 Bushnell Yardagepro 4-12x42 Laser Range Finder Rifle Scope deliver optimum brightness and color fidelity. The laser range finder is activated with a wireless trigger pad. Bullet-drop turrets eliminate hold-over guesswork. Bushnell wrote a new book on accuracy, and you get to end it.

Specifications of Bushnell Yardage Pro 4-12x42 Laser Rangefinder Riflescope 20-4124:

Bushnell Yardage Pro 4-12 x 42 Laser Rangefinder Riflescope 20-4124

Range, yds. 30-800

Magnification 4-12x

Obj. Lens 42

Field of View, ft.@100 yds./m@100m 26@4x/8.7@4x

8.5@12x/2.8@12x

Eye Relief 3.5/8.7

Length, in./mm 13/330

Weight, oz./g 25/708

Battery Type 3 Volt

Scan Yes

Tree, yds. 800

Deer, yds. 550

Accuracy, yds. +/- 1

Features of Bushnell Yardage Pro 4-12 x 42mm Laser Rangefinder Riflescope 204124:

Fully multi-coated optics

100% waterproof / fogproof

3.5" eye relief

Windage end elevation click value .25

Mil-dot reticle

Weighs only 25.3 oz.

30–800 yards/meter range

+/- 1-yard accuracy

Standard and SCAN modes

Wireless trigger pad

Operates on one 3-Volt battery (5,000 fires)

Bullet-drop compensation turrets - Install the turret (five included) that matches your caliber. When the range appears in the reticle, simply adjust it to the corresponding distance and hold dead-on.

My brothers just brought one for his new rifle and i am very impressed..

Not tried it on a gun yet in real world situations, hope to at the w/end.

Let you know how it goes..........

Hi Southener,

I'd be really interested to know if you can get any readings at night with a lamp :blink:

Cheers Steve

ive used my lieca LRF800 under the lamp with no problems, (technically) laser rangefinders should work better at night as its the detection of the beam bouncing back from the target that determines the range, therefore the darker the surroundings the more chance of the reflected infra red beam being detected and therfore a range being displayed, the rangefinder in a scope jobbie looks great tho, often havent got the time to range whilst out lampin!

Why Panther, some people like it simple (me) and others want bells whistles flat batteries :blink: but each to his own.

What don't you like about the item/ idea?

I was always taught not to point a gun at anything that wasn`t the intended target and toys like that will only encourage bad practice and eventually lead to accidents :blink:

Much better a pair of integral binos or a dedicated rangefinder

Just my opinion of course <_<

Guest varmartin
Hi Southener,

I'd be really interested to know if you can get any readings at night with a lamp :blink:

Cheers Steve

Hi Stevie...My leica LRF works better at night, never missed a reading under a lamp.

Martin

Yes pretty much agree panther/WSM.

Besides safety, I also come to the thinking that one tool for one job is ideal, unless your talking big money other wise everything is a trade off and compromise. A bit like buying an estate car instead of a van, you think it will do everything but it won't.

Pricing for the market can sometimes be the reason.

Not knocking it but.............

Is it an excellent scope, probably not.

Is it an excellent range finder, probably not.

Is it what you want/need maybe?

Its the good old, Horses for courses.

Me, I have a Leica 1200 and I'm pretty happy with that :P , can't see me changing. Yes it would be nice to carry less items but for the above reasons I ain't changing.

Hi guys,

I appreciate your replies, but i feel i must address this safety issue that seems to have arisen.

While i understand your concerns.

I have not , do not and will not use my scope to scan the field or point my rifle at anything unless i intend to shoot it.....

I have held my SGC for over 20 years and my FAC for nearly 15 years and to date havent shot anybody or thing i wasnt intending too.

Time will tell with the scope, its going on my AR this afternoon for a bit of zero/range time. And then up the farm tonight to see how it performs in the real world.

Archived