Eberlstock Gunslinger question need help

maxxis35

The Gunslinger is the pack I fancy, however my rifle that it's intended for is 11 inches deep and packs scabbard is 10 in,will the sides give enough to give me the inch I need to get it in.

Cheers Gents

I've not actually measured mine but, I have a rem 700 with a leupold mk4 on top in an AICS chassis, which is quite a tall set up and it fits in fine. Even with the buttstock folded the folded section fits in too.

I will measure the height of mine later to confirm.

I've not actually measured mine but, I have a rem 700 with a leupold mk4 on top in an AICS chassis, which is quite a tall set up and it fits in fine. Even with the buttstock folded the folded section fits in too.

I will measure the height of mine later to confirm.

CHeers for the help, the rifle I wanted the pack for is the Steyr AUG, it has an American Defence one piece mount with the new Bushnell Tactical Elite scope 3-21x50 that has huge turrets on it,didn't think it was that deep.

You should be fine with the AUG as far as the height of the rifle goes - the scabbard is quite forgiving in these dimensions. Only trouble I´v run into is the length - no wiggle room there, if the rifle´s only a little longer, it will be partially exposed bare under the straps. Had to make a sleeve to keep the dirt away.

Checked at the weekend. Sorry in the delay getting back to you.

My rifle is 11" tall too and fits fine.

Rich

MAny thanks for that, I did a more accurate measurement over the weekend and mine is just a shade over 10.5 so happy days.

You should be fine with the AUG as far as the height of the rifle goes - the scabbard is quite forgiving in these dimensions. Only trouble I´v run into is the length - no wiggle room there, if the rifle´s only a little longer, it will be partially exposed bare under the straps. Had to make a sleeve to keep the dirt away.

Which pack have you got?

Mine, and I think most, come with a rain cover. My gunslinger will take my Savage 110 with 27" barrel with the mod on too. This rifle is not far off 60" OAL and although a little top heavy when in, it still fits and is totally covered by the rain cover.

@c18rch: Don´t know which exact year, but one of the very first ´slingers. Still holding strong. Doesn´t have any rain cover, only the butt cover. All cordura, very non-stretcheable. My rifle´s just over the length, so the butt cover doesn´t overlap with the pack, they just meet. If I throw the bag around a bit - leaving range in hurry, for example - I usually manage to get quite some dirt in.

Archived