Ziess victory 4-16x50

munkjack

Don't know about the ASV turret... but the standard BDC turret can be retrofitted...... possibly while you wait by Zeiss in Cambridge.

Their phone number is 01223 401522... that'll get you to Sports Optics, Gary would be the man who does the work.

Cheers

Fizz

B)

If you haven't bought it yet I've got one here in a RapidZ7 ret plus an elevation BDC. ;)

I thought the asv only went out to about 400y, little use on a hunting rifle! My mate has a 4-16x50 victory with a 1 cm click target turret and zero stop on his 47l, that definately reaches out.

Thanks gye's yeh already Owen the ziess and also a swaro with bt turret would be nice if ziess did something similar simple desine that you don't have to think about just twist to the desired couler and bang! How does the bdc turret work are they caliber specific ?

Cheers.

Thanks gye's yeh already Owen the ziess and also a swaro with bt turret would be nice if ziess did something similar simple desine that you don't have to think about just twist to the desired couler and bang! How does the bdc turret work are they caliber specific ?

Cheers.

Trust me, you will always need to think about it. Pressure will change and wind certainly will, let alone loads, stick to std MOA in my opinion. If you are only working to say less than 400 the dope can be remembered real quick in MOA for std value 10 mph wind and drop or you can do a cheat sheet fixed on the gun some place. I find keeping the data for a new gun load I can learn it pretty quick by recording the figures on my phone and testing myself mentally then checking in spare moments, I know it sounds sad but its a very useful thing to learn in "the real world".

ignore smaller corrections in moa at shorter ranges, just remember them as I do for instance .243" 1.4" high at 100 yds 0.7" wind @ 10 mph FV, in reality it don't matter much unless its a small target or the wind is really pushing ( I remembered the trajectory but remembered that wind as 1" approx. and checked for the purpose of the post, reality is that's good enough) and I will always aim off as excessive movement or time lag via dialling is something I want to cut down on that close to quarry. however at 400 yds this load is 18" low and 13.5" on std wind- I don't want to hold on that one unless I have totally have to for some dire reason!

You can expand a cheat sheet working in MOA or near enough inches for different locations eg. Farmer John's big field- Big oak 4.0 MOA elevation 3.6 MOA wind, Far hedge-line 7.0 MOA elevation 9.2 Wind etc., etc. This is far more relevant to the shooter in the field than figures based on average this that and the other. Still wind changes but if you have the parameters you adjust.

The whole point of a ballistic turret is lost unless specific to your load, your location and your weather with your firing data., Marketing might tell you different though

Archived