What primer

auquhollie

Well i bought 1000 Federal 210 Match primers a year ago and now im down to my last 100 i went to order some up. Well i tried, apparently there all gobbled up by the US.

What does everyone else use instead of the fed 210 match ?.

Cheers

Adam

I have a few Fed Gold left from my stock of a couple of thousand I got last year.

As I cannot find any supply of Fed primers I have turned to what I used before CCI Benchrest and they are just as good (and cheaper than Feds) why did I change over in the first place :o

a test I carried out on two stock firearms (243 and 7.62) proved that cci br2 gave slightly reduced vel, better shot to shot con and grouped better??????????????????????????????

when out again this time with slightly reduced loads for the feds to match the vel of the cci br2's and still shot to shot and groups were better with ccibr2

cant guarantee this for every ones firearm but br2's are better in my guns with the exception of my 300 has better day to day variation with fed gm215m

Guest northernchris

For years i have used CCI primers in all the flavors,when i first started loading (21 years ago :P ) all we could get back then was Remmy or CCI primers along with Speer bullets and if we were really lucky Hornady and Nosler but they where few and far between.Vermincinator and me were just talking about this tonite. ay up they were the days :P

For years i have used CCI primers in all the flavors,when i first started loading (21 years ago :P ) all we could get back then was Remmy or CCI primers along with Speer bullets and if we were really lucky Hornady and Nosler but they where few and far between.Vermincinator and me were just talking about this tonite. ay up they were the days :P

Your right there Chris, when I started to reload 25 years ago the choice of components was dismal. We used a lot of Nobel powders then as the American ones were like rocking horse that which promotes growth and vigour.

We are so lucky now with the wide choice of components to hand, rather than making do with what we could get.

Cheers

Dave

Guest northernchris

Your dead right Dave Reloader powders was made by "Hercules" back then,also Vit powder was very very new on the scene,it cost around £25 pr KG ;) .The yank powders where "special order" from our local shops.

Archived