scope choice

irish hunter

In the market for a new ftr scope , what are people preffering, i looked through an NXS 8x32 with a ch3 recticle and it was sweet, but these cannot be got anymore, the new comp scope from Nightforce has ther DDR recticle but the dot is .125 @ 55 x compared to the nxs .125 @ 22x , so i believe the comp scope would not be as good , what would people recommend, this will be my last scope to buy, god knows i've'had am all.

Hi there, I have bought a sightron siii 8-32x56 with lrtd reticle. It's a super fine dot reticle and the scope is also very light weight compared to the Nxs and the NF target. The sightron has the target touret with .125moa per click. I sold my nxs just because I wanted to save weight on my ftr in order to add few ounces to the barrel. Now due to saving tons of weight on all the components I can afford for a full 32" f class barrel.

The sightron has been recommended by many on this site and they are right it is the best for less then £1000,-

Good luck.

March 10-60x52 MTR2 ret.

Nice and light for F/TR, very good glass and a superb reticle.

thanks lads, i already have a sightron 8 x 32 with lrmoa recticle ,on another rifle, great scope but, centre dot is large enough even @ 300 yards, covers most of the v, havent looked through a march,

Archived