mag change zero shift ?

triggersqueezer

i'm using a schmidt pm11 12-50 and it could be a freakish coinsidence but i went out this morning to do a bit of fine tuning to my load after powder batch change opened it up a tad.i had to go out very early as the only feilds short enough have to much publick trafic around later in the day hence why i ask this question instead of going back out.most of the loads were tested on 50x mag at 100 before the mirage became a problem .50x is just personal preference.i took time to focus at different mags and ranges and i dont feel it was parallax or mirage was a problem .in short with the limited amount of ammo i had left i turned the mag up and down between 25 and 50 and the zero appeared to shift down by about .40".i'll re test to see if this was a freak occurance as soon as poss but i just wondered if this is normal or the sighn of a problem?

any thoughts?

mike

i'm using a schmidt pm11 12-50 and it could be a freakish coinsidence but i went out this morning to do a bit of fine tuning to my load after powder batch change opened it up a tad.i had to go out very early as the only feilds short enough have to much publick trafic around later in the day hence why i ask this question instead of going back out.most of the loads were tested on 50x mag at 100 before the mirage became a problem .50x is just personal preference.i took time to focus at different mags and ranges and i dont feel it was parallax or mirage was a problem .in short with the limited amount of ammo i had left i turned the mag up and down between 25 and 50 and the zero appeared to shift down by about .40".i'll re test to see if this was a freak occurance as soon as poss but i just wondered if this is normal or the sighn of a problem?

any thoughts?

mike

If I read this correct you were shooting at 50x @ 100 yds after a very early rise and you experienced mirage and had to mess with the focus a fair bit? Under said conditions you think the scope might be faulty because you got a 0.4" shift? Yet you don't think any of these factors or a Parallax error is the issue? It might be the scope, you feel? You don't mention any wind or slight change in rest, shoulder pressure or stance etc. Yet you were "fine tuning" following a powder batch change.

YES SEND IT BACK :)

Archived