Rifle variation

tulkyuk

Hi All

can someone please tell me the Form number/Referance, for when you want to obtain a new rifle but keep your existing rifle untill its sold - a friend of mine has seen a new 243 for sale and wants to buy it but he already has a 243 rifle on his ticket,. he needs to move quick on the new rifle and does not want to lose it, but he still has to sell his existing rifle which may take a few days/weeks etc etc.

i know you can keep your existing rifle on a temporary ticket untill sold but need the referance number if anyone knows it please.

Cheers Paul

The variation / renewal form is form 101.

Your mate can apply for a variation on a one off one on basis - I think that is free if its the same calibre weapon.

But he cannot possess both weapons at the same time - he can book the old weapon into a friendly gunshop whilst it is for sale then buy the new gun.

Well thats as I understand it anyway.

The variation / renewal form is form 101.

Your mate can apply for a variation on a one off one on basis - I think that is free if its the same calibre weapon.

But he cannot possess both weapons at the same time - he can book the old weapon into a friendly gunshop whilst it is for sale then buy the new gun.

Well thats as I understand it anyway.

Thats the case with Sussex Police , even tho there is no basis in legislation for imposing that rule. It is another of these CPO made up 'good ideas' I believe.

ATB

Paul, I did this last year when I was having my new .243 built. I still needed to keep hold of my existing .243

until the new one was ready as it was prime foxing time (Harvest time).

Not sure if that would be 'good enough reason' on it's own, but I'm a part time keeper and couldn't afford

to be without the rifle at that time of year.

I seem to remember it was a 'Section 7 Temporary Permit'.

I put in my variation, along with a letter asking for the Temp permit for the old .243, and it was back in two days.

Get your mate to speak to his FEO, he should be able to organise things if he's switched on.

Thats the 1 - Thanks mate :unsure::lol:

devon and cornwall are great

I just phone them and tell them that I have a chance to buy a new say 243 and that can I have my existing 243 on a three month temporary ticket so that the 243 slot on existing can be changed to authority to buy a new one

I go out and buy the new one that gets entered onto my regular fac, then have three months to get rid of the other and when I do I just send back the temp with proof of sale etc

you can do a one for one say a 243 for a 243 or 243 for 308 etc and there's no charge unless you are wanting to increase the amount of firearms

Archived