85 action

Why not buy something like this? http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Remington_Rifle_700_For-Sale_120228145345001

Lots more options for stocks/triggers/etc.

Regards JCS

he cant build a fully deer legal calibre on that though because its got the small bolt face.

he could shoot roe north of border but knackered for anything bigger

Got a blued Sako 75 III action [.243/.308] if your after one.

Why not get Neil to put a barrel on this for you. You may get a deal out of him although he is a tight scotsman. Rumor has it he ain't half bad :lol:

ATB SEAN

Got a blued Sako 75 III action [.243/.308] if your after one.

This is were I should start for your stated purpose, if it has to be a full build. Can't say enough good things about this action on a hunting foxing gun.

Thanks gye's as usual your nolage of thease things is invaluable!

I'm putting in for the 243 at the mo so this is a prempted question when it hopefully arrives I would be interested in any worn-out sako 243 anyone has I would like a stainless action though I have thought about byeing a 85 finnlight and putting a custom stock on it would there be anything else I would need to do to the 85 to make it a 400yrd foxer ?

I'm putting in for the 243 at the mo so this is a prempted question when it hopefully arrives I would be interested in any worn-out sako 243 anyone has I would like a stainless action though I have thought about byeing a 85 finnlight and putting a custom stock on it would there be anything else I would need to do to the 85 to make it a 400yrd foxer ?

400 yard capability is a cartridge issue-243 is a good choice.

I would tend not to make a finnlight a finnheavy by adding bling thing-under field conditions it won't shoot any better,as you will be compromised by position/make do rests etc etc.Ditto heavy barrels-no effective gain for first shot,in field conditions.

If you want to tart it up,fine-but don't make 'a better shooter' the excuse! A factory Sako is well up to the job,as is.

gbal

It already is staight out the box, the rest depends on you and the ammo. I should just buy it with the Laminate stock for its greater rigidity, forget the fluted barrel of the finlight (as its built based on lighter carry and weather) and get it bedded

Get the 75 action from Dasherman and get him to bead blast it, comes up in an almost identical finish to stainless and with one of his barrels on it will be a tack driver in the right hands.

Here is a 75 Neil did for me:

Sako_Rail.JPG

Looks very nice Anthony how much was the setup?

The setup I had in mind is a 85 or 75 stainless action matt black pacnor fluted barrel ss adjustable stock! I no it won't shoot any better I'd like it to look above the norm.

Any ideas on the above would be appreciated!!!

Sako85

Ok I'm getting the idea there good out of the box!

Next bit wich flaver-model would best suit my needs??

Sako is that an of the shelf stock on yours?

Infact it looks like you've had a bit of trickery done to yours?

Looks very nice Anthony how much was the setup?

The setup I had in mind is a 85 or 75 stainless action matt black pacnor fluted barrel ss adjustable stock! I no it won't shoot any better I'd like it to look above the norm.

Any ideas on the above would be appreciated!!!

The rifle was originally a 223 which I bought for £500 and I then had Neil fit a 20Tac barrel, bedded, trigger fettled, rail custom made and bead blasted, I can't remember for certain the price but I think it would be in the region of another £1,100 or so on top. Still only makes it the price of a new 85, although I did get the donor rifle for a very good price.

I personally would far rather go for a semi-custom rather than an 85 off the shelf even if it ends up costing a little more, I just think you are much more likely to end up with an outstanding rifle. I have had an 85 and a mate has had another, both have been sold now, they were all right but just can't match the accuracy of a custom barrel/chamber. You might be lucky and get a good one, seem to be several people about who rave about them.

Archived