Rifle scope alignment

abolter

to be fair Iliked the idea of the piece of pipe for checking alignment as it will be much easier to see out of line with the longer tube. I dont want to adjust in situ.

now going to read your post again cosI dont think I "got it" the first time

Not sure i see how using a piece of pipe can really tell you much unless the alignment is a country mile out? Maybe im missing something but are you then using MK1 eyeball comparing the muzzle to the piece of tube?

I mean if your at trying to achieve 75 clicks each way, from 120 and 30, it means you need to move the scope 45 clicks one way, which is 11.25 MOA, which to put it in perspective is just over 1/6th of a degree.. Well, i would like to see someone who can eyeball anything to 1 degree let alone 1/6th. To think about it, 1/6th of a degree equates to (assuming about 30'' from scope centre point to muzzle) this below..

11.25 MOA @ 100yds = 11.25'' (approx)

=> 1yd +0.1125''

=> 30'' (0.834yds) = 0.0938'' OR 2.38mm.

• 5 months later...

I use stainless tube from a dairy and put that in the mounts which goes the full length of the barrel. I find this works

on windage adjustable mounts to align mounts to barrel, comes in inch and 30mm and they are not to heavey.

atb

barnacle

Yes i do the same, I got a fitter at work to cut me some 1 inch and 30 mm tube about 5 foot in length. I have warne rings and they're ok , just need a little finishing with wet and dry paper as there was a slight lip around rings.

I have purchased a tidy second hand nightforce to put atop my RPA. I have it set up and zeroed but have only got 30 clicks windage left one way and 120 the other!!

On my first attempt I had no clicks left one way so I switched the mounts 180 degrees and it helped. With no target turrets this is a problem that wouldnt even register as the scope is zeroed and works fine.

I would like to get it properly centred, what advice please?

they are warne mounts

my scope doesnt seem to have the adjustment that the handbook says some have so I cant undo the turret and recentre it, I dont think

If solution isnt simple any recommendations how to hunt with the wind always on my right???

hi have you tried swapping the front mount with the back mount ,?also make sure you have equal gap when you clamp them together ,

was the N/F a new scope?

Archived