53gr vmax

Rammer223

Having a totally fresh start didn't have much joy with 55gr vmax varget combo, so new brass lapua rem 7.5 primers viht n133 53gr vmax anybody out there using this combo usual questions starting load max what velocity etc etc rig is remmington vssf 26" barel 1 in 12 twist in 223

Thanks in advance

Regards lee

Chap I no (sir slots a lot) uses 53gr vmax with v133 in his 1/12 twist 223 with out standing results and speed. I've even brought some for my 223 ackley 1/12 twist to try at some point if it doesn't sell.

hi buddy ,hornady 7th edition states 20.6 gr of vit 133 as a starting load and 23 gr max that for bullet weight of 52/53 gr.my son uses 25.8 gr in his tikka 595 and their very accurate .those loads have been worked up in his rifle and do seem very high to the hornady max but these show no over presure signs at all and brass still ok after 4/5 reloads

Hi pork chop hornady manual does seem to be very conservative at that ,I will work up steady and see how things look what velocity is he getting 25.8?

Regards lee

FWIW I use 52 Amax. They weigh in at 52.2gn

My QL workup for around 50,000psi load is as follows. (QL is set for a max 62,366psi)

N133@ 25.1gn

Lapua Case 30.7gn internal H2o volume.

Trim length 1.755.

Primer pocket depth cut to .124

Neck turned to .0125 (My chamber is a custom tight neck and long throat)

CCI 450 primer seated at .003 crush.

I neck size with a Redding Competition die using a .246 bushing. I then run a Sinclair neck turning mandrel with dry graphite lube to set the internal diameter. I leave the lube in place for bullet seating.

COAL is 2.321 from base to tip. I actually use a comparator and use .020 from the lands.

This shoots at 3382.2 FPS into a gnats dangly, with an ES of 7fps.

I am on reload number 14 with this brass and I do anneal. It's still going strong. The action is a Stiller Tac 30 but the firing pin has been bushed.

This load is fine in my rifle, yours may be very different so use the above as a rough guide at your discretion.

ATB

Archived