shooting stick(tripod)

Hi there.

Im in need of a set of shooting sticks(tripod) for shooting whilst in a standing position.They need to be light and adjustable as they will be used whilst deer stalking..

Any suggestions on were to look and comments of your own would be appreciated..

Rgds

Dwight

2 or 3 6 foot long pea rods from your local garden center they are naturally green and about 3/4 inch in diameter.

If you can get hold of a circular hoover drive belt and double it over so you can thread it over your pea rods it makes a good rifle rest and all for a tenner or so .

Works for me

Andy

R R is spot-on.

B&Q rods, 3 of which are needed, these are made of steel tubing and are green plastic coated and 6 foot long.

A round Hoover belt doubled, one leg sawn short at the top and the end covered with a plastic cap and glued on with Araldite to protect your rifle forend.

For the sitting position just roll down the Hoover belt and adjust leg spread to suit you required elevation.

I rest my rifle on a glove in the V to protect my rifle.

Pic. to follow.

HWH

With the addition of another pole, attach a hoover band to the lower end of all 4 poles.(two bands to two poles)

Attach a hoover band to the top section of two separate poles and you have a very stable shooting platform that will pivot on I'll post pics later if I get chance because I think I have lost a little in explanation ;)

Archived