Third eye unimount on TRG 22

Nick T

Gents,

I'm getting a Sako TRG 22 & intend putting a Nightforce NXS 6 - 42x56 scope on it. I also intend to mount the scope on a Third-eye tactical unimount ring set.

Do any of you have experience of this combination, ie, inclination, medium/high mount & length?

Any advice appreciated

Many thanks

Nick

Gents,

I'm getting a Sako TRG 22 & intend putting a Nightforce NXS 6 - 42x56 scope on it. I also intend to mount the scope on a Third-eye tactical unimount ring set.

Do any of you have experience of this combination, ie, inclination, medium/high mount & length?

Any advice appreciated

Many thanks

Nick

I have a TRG-22 fitted with the Nightforce NF 12-42X56 scope. Lovely tools and you'll love yours when you get it. The TRG should come with a fitted parallel Picatinney rail. If you get the zero MOA unimount you will not be able to reach 1000 yards. If you get the 20 MOA unimount the scope with the shade fitted should just clear the barrel.

I say this because I opted for the AI 18 MOA unimount because it's half the price of the Third Eye mount and does the same job. This clears the barrel by about 5mm. And I can shoot at 1000 yards.

HTH.

Just be aware that with only 40 MOA on that scope, dont go mad adding elevation as you might not be able to maintain 100 yard zero.

I couldnt care less but i know two guys who had that problem with 20 moa rails and had to go back and get 10's

Archived