Yep used Martins 10x42 ,I had my 7x42 there to compare , they definately had the edge on mine ,

The Swaro's Bins are the best I have tried for the size and money and I have used most of them ,

I had a pair of Military 8.5x56 Stieners to try from a mate in the US army, these were exellent but so bloody heavy, the had some special coating on the front so that they would not relfect in the sun and also would darken when in very very bright light.

I dont think these are available on the open market but were a nice bit of Kit.

"""Martin"""" to much bounce :blush: she will hurt her self doing that :lol::lol:;):lol::lol:

if you cany beat them, join them

SPUD I take my hat off to you ,your the man :o

I take it that you took the picture your self :lol::lol:;)

Becarefull its a family show here :blush::lol::lol::lol:

• 1 year later...

I've been lucky enough to collect some great glass over the years and currently have Swarovski 8x30 SLC's, 8.5x42 EL's and Leica Geovid 8x56's. I have compared them side by side looking into our woodland out of an open bedroom window at dusk. All are superb and I'm sure you wouldn't be dissapointed by these or any of other the binoculars already suggested by others. See if you can decide which for you is the best compromise of magnification, clarity, weight etc and which is best for your eyes. For me, it is the 8.5x42 EL's. Regards, Jim

Just looked at the date of the original poster's question, so I'm sure they will be long since sorted; hopefully the info in the whole thread will help others though.

Yeah i did get sorted for my swaros a long time back but like you say this post is very informative and im sure will help others out.

Cheers

Ads

Archived