Hello all,

I'm new to the forum so here's a little about me. Been stalking and rough shooting now for 5 years or so, have recently started reloading for my .243 and .300win mag and just dipping my toes into long range targets (just for fun)

I have just bought a spotting scope ( swaro sts80 20-60x ) and I'm looking for some advice or recommendations for a tripod? It will be used for both range and field work so something compact and light. I've had a look at the Slik range and look quite good for the money.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great and im looking forward to learning a bit more in general from the site

Atb

Dave,

Welcome!

I use a compact SLIK thus:

DSC00136.jpg

with a Zeiss Spotter 60 which works very well, cannot remember the model number.

It has sufficient range of adjustment for bench and field work and has proved stable enough at high magnifications.

BD might remember model no. I beleive he uses the same with the 'up-side-down' Leupold :) ?

Terry

I have just purchased a spotter that came with a Slik Pro sprint II . Oodles of adjustment and will go from prone spotter at low level , with legs out at shallow angle so it will not impede you , up to a standing spotter . Don't know how I lived without one , fantastic piece of kit , and very light for what you get . Deff pls one on Slik eqpt ,

Ian

I have just purchased a spotter that came with a Slik Pro sprint II . Oodles of adjustment and will go from prone spotter at low level , with legs out at shallow angle so it will not impede you , up to a standing spotter . Don't know how I lived without one , fantastic piece of kit , and very light for what you get . Deff pls one on Slik eqpt ,

Ian

Thanks for the info Ian

atb

• 1 month later...

JUst taken delivery of a slik tripod for my spotting scope, very happy with it. But the quick release plate ( thread ) is too small for my swaro scope :-(...Any ideas where i can get an adaptor or replacement plate?

Cheers,

Dave

Think you need one of these?

http://www.keene.co.uk/electronics/multi.php?mycode=TBA&gclid=CN3l0av39bcCFVHMtAodOG8AHQ.

But check the Swaro thread, the 'standard hole in a camera and hence the male thread on a tripod head is 1/4 Whitworth (of rifle fame)

Terry

Think you need one of these?

http://www.keene.co.uk/electronics/multi.php?mycode=TBA&gclid=CN3l0av39bcCFVHMtAodOG8AHQ.

But check the Swaro thread, the 'standard hole in a camera and hence the male thread on a tripod head is 1/4 Whitworth (of rifle fame)

Terry

How much!

I sell them for a £1 each.

How much!

I sell them for a £1 each.

Mick,

That was just an example of the item, not a recommendation, honest ! :)

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Archived