jlk bullets

bramble basher

just been given a box of jlk bullets 52 gn ld hoping to give them a go in the 22-250 not used or really herd of them before would appreciate any info was thinking of starting with 37.5gn of h380 cci benchrest primer win case don't know how close to the lands i can get them they seem to have quite a taper will measure later

any info would be gratefully accepted

thank's in advance bb :)

Guest varmartin

The one and only box of JLK`s I have used were 65 grain..given to me by a good friend on here.

I loaded them for my .223 Sako 75 VLS 1~8 twist.

24.5 grains Vhit 140 @ approx 3000fps from memory...data not in front of me.

The best group was 0.8 inches @ 300 yards... (perfect conditions I will add )

Very accurate in my rifle/ load combination.

You should be able to push the 52`s to 3600--3700 fps with that load and still be safe !!!

Martin

I am not sure they are still in production, I bought a box of 6mm 68 gr and found them on a par with Barts accuracy and effectiveness wise. Still have about 50 left.

Your load sounds a bit hot for a starting load, I would come down to 34 or 35 grains to start with. I shoot all mine 2 thou off the lands. You will find them perfectly adequate fox killers with expansion similar to NBTs.

A

just been given a box of jlk bullets 52 gn ld hoping to give them a go in the 22-250 not used or really herd of them before would appreciate any info was thinking of starting with 37.5gn of h380 cci benchrest primer win case don't know how close to the lands i can get them they seem to have quite a taper will measure later

any info would be gratefully accepted

thank's in advance bb :lol:

Hi BB

Also shoot these exact bullets in my 22-50, the main advantage of these bullets is the high BC's, around 20 - 25 % higher than 50 - 55 grain equivelent bullets, if get a chance get run the data through Quickload or similar, you'll be amazed how they can help flatten out trajectory :P The Varmint Hunters magazine did a write up a while ago wich i'll try and dig out for you, copy it & get it to you. H380 or H4895 i've found works for me :lol:

Archived