Anyone used a NV scope from nvscopes.com

nomis

I was looking at this model NVS4X52SG but was also just after any general feedback, they are based in Ashford which is very local to me, so would be ideal if the products and service are good.

I was looking at this model NVS4X52SG but was also just after any general feedback, they are based in Ashford which is very local to me, so would be ideal if the products and service are good.

I'd do some research regarding products and especially service by nvscopes before parting with any cash to be honest <_<

I'd do some research regarding products and especially service by nvscopes before parting with any cash to be honest <_<

agreed

There seems to be a mixed bag when it comes to Clives customer service

I always seem to have been lucky with prompt replies to emails and excellent service all round I used to have one of Clives SM3S2 scopes in Hypergen flavour. I loved it. Eventually I moved away from NV and sold the scope to Craig at Third Eye Tactical. I assume he still has it?

http://www.nvscopes.com/night%20vision%20scope%20Gen2%20SM3S2%20HTH%20731.html

Other people complain of poor coms

Mark

Just a few quotes from the BBS. Unfortunately this is the norm whenever nvscopes are mentioned <_<

"I haven't taken anything personally at all I am sure he is a nice fella but I have been entirely frustrated trying to deal with him over the last month. I never expected great service from Clive because of his reputation, but some or any communication is surely not too much to expect"

"Wish Lardy had sold to someone capable with at least the very basic knowledge of what a customer is! What a waste"

"Not miserable but just have an expectation of reasonable service that is clearly beyond Clive."

"Not miserable, bloody frustrated. Was promised a unit weeks ago that is already many months late to the original release date from the ST article and since then Clive has stopped answering e mails, any communication would have been good. He may have bought a good design from Lardy but his customer service is shockingly bad"

From a personal point of view and after dealing with NVSCOPES my finding was that when you made an enquiry relating to making a purchase contact was easy , if however, as i found i was not satisfied with the product thats when things get problomatic regarding trying to get a response ,

I tried the SM - 3S2 , 6 X MAG , a nice and compact scope with decent tube with the ability to see identify and shoot rabbits at over 100 yards ( slightly ageing eyes ) please be under no illusion you will NOT be able to tell the sex of a gnat at 500 yards with one of these ,

I also at the same time had an ATN MARS X6 from nightvision gear , although a larger unit it was in every respect completely superior to the SM - 3S2 , I really can not praise the MARS X6 enough needless to say i purchased one and have no regrets , if you really are intending buying a nv unit get in touch with Carl he is a top man with brilliant service and products .

From a personal point of view and after dealing with NVSCOPES my finding was that when you made an enquiry relating to making a purchase contact was easy , if however, as i found i was not satisfied with the product thats when things get problomatic regarding trying to get a response ,

I tried the SM - 3S2 , 6 X MAG , a nice and compact scope with decent tube with the ability to see identify and shoot rabbits at over 100 yards ( slightly ageing eyes ) please be under no illusion you will NOT be able to tell the sex of a gnat at 500 yards with one of these ,

I also at the same time had an ATN MARS X6 from nightvision gear , although a larger unit it was in every respect completely superior to the SM - 3S2 , I really can not praise the MARS X6 enough needless to say i purchased one and have no regrets , if you really are intending buying a nv unit get in touch with Carl he is a top man with brilliant service and products .

This reads to me that you bought two night vision sights, only to find out one was better than the other and then tried to return the unit that you deemed inferior?

i have a 5 yr old sm32 that my mate now has. it has a few burn marks but you can still see all the way to the horizon and shoot fox type targets at 200 yards it was a hypergen unit awesome scope.i now have a day night xg unit 67 line pairs the other one was 63,however the xg tube is clearly more sensetive image is fantastic except on the worst nights where anything would struggle these units were from clive.

stay away from any one putting together there own nv for example a lashed together d760 or similar with a thin filmed gen 3 tube with the gain turned right up some of these thin filmed tubes are not suitable for recoiling weapon systems.plus no warranty,far to much bias on this site and others towards d760

i have a 5 yr old sm32 that my mate now has. it has a few burn marks but you can still see all the way to the horizon and shoot fox type targets at 200 yards it was a hypergen unit awesome scope.i now have a day night xg unit 67 line pairs the other one was 63,however the xg tube is clearly more sensetive image is fantastic except on the worst nights where anything would struggle these units were from clive.

stay away from any one putting together there own nv for example a lashed together d760 or similar with a thin filmed gen 3 tube with the gain turned right up some of these thin filmed tubes are not suitable for recoiling weapon systems.plus no warranty,far to much bias on this site and others towards d760

Yip stay well away from the cut n shut D760's that do the rounds done by Mr G. If you can get the real D760 nowt wrong with them.

Yip stay well away from the cut n shut D760's that do the rounds done by Mr G. If you can get the real D760 nowt wrong with them.

I take it you are talking about Mr Gavin Berry from GB.Sights ?

yep i'll agree with that...got a 731..but its not got a ruskie tube inside its got a nice clean 10130c gen 3 :D mate's been waiting for a response from clive after sending back a 6x nv scope which went down on him. he's.not heard a dicke since..that was month's ago. he's very happy with his D760 uses it with a jetZ mod no issues ;)

Archived