6.5x47

v-max

Hi i have been looking over the net for headspace comparator tool etc. I have a hornaday tool for the 22-250 but dont see the 6,5x47 case listed. I wondered if any of the hornaday headspace gauges can measure this & what one they are listed as A,B,C or D parts cheers.

The 6.5x47 Headspace gauge is only compatible with other derivatives based on the "47" case - 20x47, 25x47, 6mmx47 and 6.5x47

The 6.5x47 Headspace gauge is only compatible with other derivatives based on the "47" case - 20x47, 25x47, 6mmx47 and 6.5x47

Hi cheers ronin i new that they all had same headspace but i was wondering if any of the hornaday headspace bodys fitted the 47 case . i see shooting shed dose a body to fit the hornaday tool or his own type etc cheers.

Hi cheers ronin i new that they all had same headspace but i was wondering if any of the hornaday headspace bodys fitted the 47 case . i see shooting shed dose a body to fit the hornaday tool or his own type etc cheers.

Any of them will work (after a fashion) however if you check the SAAMI spec (http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek072.html) for your cartridge, you can take a view on which body will work best.

http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/catalog/2009/69-70_precision_gauges.pdf If you scroll to the bottom of this .pdf you will see cartridges listed against the various bodies. I would recommend Body type 'C' for your cartridge.

Regards JCS

It's determined by the shoulder angle and width. 6.5X47mm has a 30-deg shoulder, same as 6mm BR, and they're similar case body widths. Ergo, use the comparator insert Hornady recommends for the BR = 'B'.

Hi thanks people for replying to this for me. I have B already so cool cheers.
Keep in mind that the cartridge spec above and a PTG reamer spec drawing I read both specify the .375 inch diameter as the point at which to measure the length to the shoulder, which is what insert 'C' allows you to do. You can quite happily work away with insert 'B', but your measurements won't be of any value to anybody working off the cartridge or reamer specifications.

Regards JCS

Archived