Need a New scope

col48

Right I'm in the position of wanting a new scope.

first up swarvoski 5-30x50 BT

1cm clicks i feel is to much for a long range scope and shooting small things. The dot in the scope is ok for me, but no windage turret so count this one out. you can get 0.5 clicks but have to do away with the BT as this is what makes it a 1cm turret apparently. and my shooting needs are for a BT not

mill dot,or one of the others

Zeiss 6-24x56 ret 60i is a good ret for me. but this scope comes with 1cm clicks as well and you have to pay for the extra turret. not a problem but i find it a bit off a piss take. I have used one of these scopes before and that came with 0.5 clicks (a better choice by far IMHO) why they have done away with this is beyond me

I have looked at march scopes but at £2800 and 5 year warranty coupled with very very small trade discount i will not be buying one, for if they only have Faith in there products for 5 years and i believe it is none transferable then i don't have any in them at all. what will the resale value be on a second hand one ?

what t I'm after is,or very close to it.

20 power up

Illuminated ret variable

Dot for a ret must be small. Zeiss ret 60i or swaro gen 2 size or smaller.

Adjustments 1/8 or 1/4 or 0.5 or there abouts.

I do not want a cluttered ret i think i could just about live with the march MTR 2. I have had the rapid 7 and there was just to much ret for me.

30mm tube or bigger don't mind buying new rings.

Windage turret as well as the other. don't mind paying for extra turret but think they should be on as standard.

Proper warranty

Repeatable turrets is a must and should be on anyway.

Glass needs to be top end as i will be using it for everything.

2nd focal plane

got about £3000 for the right scope but hoping not to spend that much but if someone can put me on to something i have yet to see then bingo,as i have been looking for some time and i am sick of searching for one now.

any help would be nice.

ATB

Col48

You haven't mention nightforce or alot of people have been rating the kahles 624i

do they do any type of rets i have mentioned or similar?

nightforce are not my thing (and i have had at least 3 ) and if you read my post that scope ticks very few of my wants in a scope

ATB

Col48

do they do any type of rets i have mentioned or similar?

nightforce are not my thing (and i have had at least 3 ) and if you read my post that scope ticks very few of my wants in a scope

fair enough to be honest i haven't looked at 1 in the flesh.ret wise Im not sure if it Will be up your street

March 5 year warranty looks good at the side of the 2 year one now on the S&B, which they also seem to have decided now applies to any scope with a problem. Mine has been gone 5 weeks and they havent even bothered to send me a repair quote on what should have been a warranty issue anyway. 5 on a March from a UK importer looks way better as Mr Costello certainly offers great customer service. Kahles with 11 years is good and Swaro and Zeiss are both great products with full UK backup, not just a dealer on the Germans shortlist.. Its a difficult choice as my mind tends to think the Swaro and Zeiss with their`hunters dialling turrets` are comparatively limited compared to true ballistic turrets found elsewhere and if you want 5mm clicks that rules out the Kahles as well. It looks like you might need to create a chart and tick or cross all the boxes and I will bet even then not one single scope will fulfill all the criteria. Its bloody hard to tell the glass difference between the Germans and Austrians, they are all great and in my opinion still hold a slight edge as the light fails against the March but the is undeniably superb in daylight, i found the resolution staggeringly good at high mag on distant targets. I see a lot of these sort of scopes now back and forth on a weekly basis and to be honest, the more i see the more uncertain i get, its so hard to quantify them and all the individual features you tend to end up with a `feel` for them that is hard to define. I used to be a S&B fan but if my money went on the counter tomorrow I would buy the Kahles as it has impressed me as very good all round but master of no particular individual category. of course FFP is now the fashion and that rules the Kahles out if you want 2FP.

I suppose as a buyer you make your choice and learn to like what you bought unless it specifically disapoints you. On a pure hunting rifle I would go with a zeiss these days as I just like them but the Swaros are realistically inseperable, the Z6 5-30 is a beatifull scope if you want slightly higher mag and the dopwnside of the Zeiss ASV turret with only 6.8mRad elevation is limiting if you are thinking long range.

I feel sorry for you :-) but in a good way, its just a tough decision which I think will be defined by mechanical spec rather than glass as that is comparatively hard to exactly quantify.

good luck

I would have suggested Vortex Razor 5-20x50 but I think the top end models are all FFP. Good price though, reticles are nice and the warranty is second to none. 35mm tube http://www.riflecraft.co.uk/rifles/rifle-scopes-64.aspx

Several different reticles and click adjustments available, I thought the glass was excellent using the MK1 eyeball.

Just purchased myself a Viper 6-24x50 as I couldnt quite stretch it to the Razor

Mark

Under Japanese law, March are only allowed to offer a 5 year warranty.Now I'm not speaking for Deon optics but there's nothing to say they can't help you out after 5 years.

Customer service from the March scopes UK is excellent.

Col. Look here looks like mr Ferguson has what you need. Windage is extra which is a piss take from zeiss. But at least it has 1/4 inch clicks http://www.precisionrifles.com/

spoke to him nearly a week ago asking for a quot on the scope i wanted. and have since emailed him twice. no response.

when we spoke on the phone he said he thought they where about £200 more for moa adjustments

then £100 + for the extra turret. starts to piss you off if you know where I'm coming from.

I have used a Zeiss for quit some time 6-24x56 and liked it alot but fancied a change. should have never sold her.

ATB

Col48

March 5 year warranty looks good at the side of the 2 year one now on the S&B, which they also seem to have decided now applies to any scope with a problem. Mine has been gone 5 weeks and they havent even bothered to send me a repair quote on what should have been a warranty issue anyway. 5 on a March from a UK importer looks way better as Mr Costello certainly offers great customer service. Kahles with 11 years is good and Swaro and Zeiss are both great products with full UK backup, not just a dealer on the Germans shortlist.. Its a difficult choice as my mind tends to think the Swaro and Zeiss with their`hunters dialling turrets` are comparatively limited compared to true ballistic turrets found elsewhere and if you want 5mm clicks that rules out the Kahles as well. It looks like you might need to create a chart and tick or cross all the boxes and I will bet even then not one single scope will fulfill all the criteria. Its bloody hard to tell the glass difference between the Germans and Austrians, they are all great and in my opinion still hold a slight edge as the light fails against the March but the is undeniably superb in daylight, i found the resolution staggeringly good at high mag on distant targets. I see a lot of these sort of scopes now back and forth on a weekly basis and to be honest, the more i see the more uncertain i get, its so hard to quantify them and all the individual features you tend to end up with a `feel` for them that is hard to define. I used to be a S&B fan but if my money went on the counter tomorrow I would buy the Kahles as it has impressed me as very good all round but master of no particular individual category. of course FFP is now the fashion and that rules the Kahles out if you want 2FP.

I suppose as a buyer you make your choice and learn to like what you bought unless it specifically disapoints you. On a pure hunting rifle I would go with a zeiss these days as I just like them but the Swaros are realistically inseperable, the Z6 5-30 is a beatifull scope if you want slightly higher mag and the dopwnside of the Zeiss ASV turret with only 6.8mRad elevation is limiting if you are thinking long range.

I feel sorry for you :-) but in a good way, its just a tough decision which I think will be defined by mechanical spec rather than glass as that is comparatively hard to exactly quantify.

good luck

2 years then i will not be getting one of them. even if it ticked all the boxes.

what a joke

ATB

Col48

Under Japanese law, March are only allowed to offer a 5 year warranty.Now I'm not speaking for Deon optics but there's nothing to say they can't help you out after 5 years

Customer service from the March scopes UK is excellent.

Hi

don't doubt that for a minuet. but would still like something better as nontransferable is not good for if you decided to sell it as well.

and they are at the top of the price range for a relatively unknown scope.

Wile it is very good to hear that march has good customer service, I remember saying the other day to someone who was saying just buy a swarovski there customer service is excellent.

My reply was seems lots of people are saying how good they are.

so if there is that many people saying how good they are then this must mean they are having loads of problems with there products.

But having just said that i have just sent for a set of swaro rang finding bins

ATB

Col48

spoke to him nearly a week ago asking for a quot on the scope i wanted. and have since emailed him twice. no response.

when we spoke on the phone he said he thought they where about £200 more for moa adjustments

then £100 + for the extra turret. starts to piss you off if you know where I'm coming from.

I have used a Zeiss for quit some time 6-24x56 and liked it alot but fancied a change. should have never sold her.

ATB

Col48

ATB

Col48

Yes I've got the older model 0.5 cm clicks and elevation and windage turret with mildot ir ret.

Wouldn't part with it. Its superb under lamp and in day. The mild are fairly fine also and dont cover target up

Archived