FOXPRO JACK IN THE BOX

I was just wondering if any of you guys have one of these and what do you think of it as I am thinking of buying one.

What range does the remote control work at ? Does it activate both the call and the decoy ?

I await your replies , thanks lads !!

Hi Foxhunter,

The Jack in a box doesn't actually come with a remote. If you want to operate it remotely you need to connect it to an FX3/FX5/Scorpion . The remote for the caller has a button marked 'AUX' which switches the decoy on or off. Foxpro actually state that in perfect conditions the remote will work at up to 700 yards. What I say is that it will work in excess of 200 yards as many factors come into play when using the remote such as obstructions , electrical activity in the area etc.

You can use the decoy on its own . You can either set it to run continuously or there is a delay so it will work for a while then stop for a while and so on until you switch it off.

I use one obviously as I sell them and am very impressed but I am sure that someone on here will give a totally unbiased opinion :P

Guest varmartin

Ray..( Varminter ) has got one. Its one of those little fury things that dances around in front of you...he keeps it in his bedroom under his bed.

funny thing.......I have never seen it out in the field ;)

I think he only uses it for special occasions. :P

Martin

Im thinking of buying one with the caller built in, Jack in the box II i think it is, however, its a toss up on buying a chrono for checking my velocities or a foxpro for blatin long charlies........ certainly would be funny 2 whach charlies reaction to it iv hear that they like attacking the dummy, which is fair enough had to shoot a fox that was running off with a goose decoy in his mouth 2 seasons ago!

I,ve got 1,but not called in any fox whilst using it yet,so jury is still out...although,i now have a Fox-Pro FX5 to use along side of it.

I like the way you can switch the JIB on and off through the remote,i,m expecting good things when i can use it early mornings and evenings this year....will be posting any results ;)

GH

• 4 months later...

I have been using digital callers for about 8 years now and have found the FoxPro Scorpion to be the best for size and durability. Also the Jack in the Box is agreat movement decoy - especially for big cubs once the vixen has been removed!

9fox001.jpg

fox016.jpg

Archived