Detachable mag or BDL?

trucraft

Remy clone, tactical stalker, Rem SAUM.

Originaly thinking Wyatts box with PTG bdl floor plate giving me more COAL and clean lines but now wondering weather detachable mag is way to go.

Do like the look of Surgeon bottom metal.

Thoughts??

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer detachable mag with the facility to also top load. On a hunting rifle it has been known to drop and loose a detachable mag in cover on that standpoint it swings in favour of bottom plate. Depends what your doing with it

Depends on your cartridge OAL. If a DM is going to restrict your load development the BDL is the answer, end of. On a personal level I think cleaner lines and not being able to loose the mag from a BDL are also deciding factors for a hunting rifle.

Mike

• 2 months later...

I'm changing my custom 700 to a detachable, facing the issues raised by gun nut, the rounds need shortening so virtually full load development again (although timing may be ok seeing as though I can't get any 4895 anywhere). It is literally for the look, I won't be firing enough rounds in tow to utilise more than one mag, and I've no doubt it will be more awkward to carry on occasion, but they do look awesome

Archived