Anyone know what this is?

IMG_20111029_DSC_0480_SB251056_474.jpg

IMG_20111029_DSC_0481_SB251056_474Detail

Can anyone help me to identify this scope? I bought it second (or fourth) hand and have the following info:

The scope is marked 2 1/2 – 10x; Schmidt & Bender; Biebertal Wetzlar; West Germany.

The serial number is 13****.

The objective lens is 56mm.

The elevation turret has two rows of markings: 0 - 16 underneath and 1 - 6 above.

Schmidt and Bender have supplied the following info:

"This Scope has been established in 1992. A conversion to illuminated reticle is possible, the cost for this amount to 703.36 euros + VAT + postage.
Otherwise, I cannot comment on them, unfortunately this scope, since it is 21 years old, and not captured in our computer."

Does anyone know the model name or what graduations the turret clicks are (e.g. 1cm at 100 metres)? Also, I believe the two sets of graduations on the elevation turret are for creating personal bullet drop tables, does anyone know how this works?

Any help appreciated!

Sherlock.

Usually on the scales if there are three lines between the larger graduations , subdivided into four, it will be prob be 1/4 moa or poss 1/8 ( but unlikely the latter ) but if 4 or 8 lines , so subdivided into fives or tens they will be usually be 1/10 milrad or 1cm at 100m . This was what I was told when trying to sort out values on an old schmidt with diallable turrets . Hope this helps . Cheers Ian

An obvious one and Apols if done , but have you taken the caps off to see is anything written on the internal dials ?

The 1-6 marks above are probarbly likely to be 100 metres to 600 metres and calibrated for a certain calibre like .308

I would guess its 1cm at 100 metres adjustment. The possible reason its not actually marked is the scope may have a set of turret caps in different increments availble for different calibres. Scopes are not usually marked if this is the case, but the adjustments will stay the same regardless of cap choice.

Think Baldie is right with the 100 - 600m.

I am pretty sure that if you unscrew the slotted cap and pull the turret off you'll see the clicks are milled in the turret.

Without the turret, the elevation adjusts smooth / no clicks. I am sure you could change the turret for a normal cm/click at 100m one.

I had a 3-12x50 S&B classic changed to these turrets and the bloody thing ended up having clicks that were around 7.5mm per click at 100yd.

Just had to make up a drop chart.

edi

I have two very similar scopes ,one a Kahles ,the other a Swarovski ,they were military/ police scopes for sniper /countersniper use with 7.62 NATO .The are graduated from 0 - 800 metres and match the trajectory of the 155 gr nato sniper ound.I suspect what you have is the S&B equivalent .Both my scopes date from the eighties ,one is fitted to my Parker-Hale M82 sniper rifle.

:)

Archived