New stock unmachined

I am wanting to get a specific thumbhole stock, uninletted. I would then need it inletting to accomodate a barnard single shot action and a heavy barrel (already own). I woud then need a paint job on the stock. Who can do this and what should I expect to pay?

I am wanting to get a specific thumbhole stock, uninletted. I would then need it inletting to accomodate a barnard single shot action and a heavy barrel (already own). I woud then need a paint job on the stock. Who can do this and what should I expect to pay?

Who can do this? Any gunsmith.

Who will do it? One who is short of work!

There's little money to be made in in-letting, bedding and painting. OK as part of a rifle-build but turning up with your stock blank and barrelled-action.................but, maybe someone on UKV will prove me wrong!

Surely there is as much money as someone charges??? Low prices are usually a result of oversupply or lack of demand??

Would the inletting be something I could do myself or is it a job that is likely to end up a dogs cock?

Cheers. I have spoken to Steve. Baldie can do paintwork but I have also come across Staffs-Synthetic Stocks and they seem pretty decent. Anyone got experience of them?

Archived