load not consistant

thekeeper

im loading for my 223 rpa some 55gr blitzking i tried some h335 powder not very good so swaped to v133 and with 24.4 grs o.a.l 59.90and it produced 3shots one hole and a couple of groups 1/4-1/2moa with 24.7.....24.9

superb so i thought went and reloaded 5 of each more next day opened up to 1inch group plus on all groups

every thing was done as as the day before this is not the first time with this rifle its happened

the bullets seem quite easy to go in with lapua brass the odd one is very loose so i have to bin those i;m using wilson resizing die with a size 247 bush

and federal match primers , i have ried some magtech primers but group still the same

any pointers please

I use pretty much the same load in 223. Not had the problem you describe though. Is your brass all at the same number of firings or is some 1 fired and others 4x etc. The variation in hardness of the necks could be the problem. Annealing would help if thats the case.

I use pretty much the same load in 223. Not had the problem you describe though. Is your brass all at the same number of firings or is some 1 fired and others 4x etc. The variation in hardness of the necks could be the problem. Annealing would help if thats the case.

i have just brought some new cases today and a new bush size 246 i will scrap old ones and start again

im loading for my 223 rpa some 55gr blitzking i tried some h335 powder not very good so swaped to v133 and with 24.4 grs o.a.l 59.90and it produced 3shots one hole and a couple of groups 1/4-1/2moa with 24.7.....24.9

superb so i thought went and reloaded 5 of each more next day opened up to 1inch group plus on all groups

every thing was done as as the day before this is not the first time with this rifle its happened

the bullets seem quite easy to go in with lapua brass the odd one is very loose so i have to bin those i;m using wilson resizing die with a size 247 bush

and federal match primers , i have ried some magtech primers but group still the same

any pointers please

hi keeper , where are you getting the data for N133 , 24.5g ? my manual says 22.7 MAX ! as in my 223 -a year back !

i used N133 22.6g

fed 205m primer

sierra Blitz king 55g

col of 2283.

lapua brass

i accidently loaded some with 24.5(data for wrong weight bullet !) and allthough it shot well the pressure was way too high ! primer was as flat as a pancake ! so i stopped!

the other thing with this powder i found it was very weather sensitive , i had to reduce my pet load for summer months down to i think 22,1g but funnely enough it allways shot well with those bullets and powder ! but cheak that load, be carefull ! you might be over working your brass or ruining it with that load !

hi keeper , where are you getting the data for N133 , 24.5g ? my manual says 22.7 MAX ! as in my 223 -a year back !

i used N133 22.6g

fed 205m primer

sierra Blitz king 55g

col of 2283.

lapua brass

i accidently loaded some with 24.5(data for wrong weight bullet !) and allthough it shot well the pressure was way too high ! primer was as flat as a pancake ! so i stopped!

the other thing with this powder i found it was very weather sensitive , i had to reduce my pet load for summer months down to i think 22,1g but funnely enough it allways shot well with those bullets and powder ! but cheak that load, be carefull ! you might be over working your brass or ruining it with that load !

off this link here tp://accurateshooter.net/Downloads/sierra223rembolt.pdftp:// it says max load 24.9 my primers are ok

but i will drop down and try around your load thanks for that pointer much appreciated

off this link here tp://accurateshooter.net/Downloads/sierra223rembolt.pdftp:// it says max load 24.9 my primers are ok

but i will drop down and try around your load thanks for that pointer much appreciated

you still alive ? that bolt hasn't rammed itself in to your face has it ? lol , just kidding ,

just thought you would be interested , i was annealing some brass two days ago and thought id cheak the data from some old 223 lee die's , guess what , max load or Never Exceed load was N133= 25.3 -col of 2.244 ! as you know every guns diffrent !!

i shoot the same load out of my t3 1:8 twist, i use 24.6grs of vit n133 with nosler 55gr and 7,1/2BR primers and it shoots very tight, at 3265 fps, no pressure signs untill i hit 25.4gr of n133 and they just start too loose the round edge..

tony

i shoot the same load out of my t3 1:8 twist, i use 24.6grs of vit n133 with nosler 55gr and 7,1/2BR primers and it shoots very tight, at 3265 fps, no pressure signs untill i hit 25.4gr of n133 and they just start too loose the round edge..

tony

interesting ! what brass are you using ? i used Lapua and i think the thickness is thicker than most ! hence smaller internal volume / higher pressure ! ATB

Archived