Vortex scopes.

22/250 foxer

good scope for money and foxing is a nikkon sterling 6-24x50 ill i have been useing one for some time now and cant fault it for foxing under lamp.

I had a look through a load at Riflecraft last week. For the money I'm rather impressed and will be giving one a go really soon.

The unlimited warranty is great as its with the scope not just the original owner and Riflecraft tell me they have priced them such that its as cheap to buy from them as ship one over from the USA and pay the tax!!

Mark

I have one of the little 1-4 power PST

Fabulous lenses, and some really innovative features like little bits that glow and show the mag from behind the scope etc. It also comes with shims to set up a zero stop which is simple, but effective.

Cant wait to try some more, they really are good for the money.

Had a look at vortex viper pst 6x24x56 I think ,when I was looking for a scope for my 223 having read up on them mostly yanks web sites as they seem to rate then ,for the money they seemed hard to beat finally made my mind up but at that time non available they did call me about three months after to say they now had some to which I said to late bought a nightforce . No regrets but still wonder how it would have worked if they would have had one ,I beleave a guy on here runs one 223shooter he has some vids on utube long range rabbit shooting might be worth a look!

Hi 22/250 foxer,

As Rammer mentioned above I've been running their 6-24x50 PST in MRAD FFP since they were released. I had it on my .223 initially and had some mixed results with it. Made some nice long range shots on varmints/steel but started to doubt the tracking so ran a box test. Discovered it was not tracking correctly prior to first shot/recoil. A quick call to Scott and Seamus at Vortex and a brand new scope was in the post no questions asked. Excellent customer service and follow up too!

Since then I've had zero issues with its replacement and it's currently on my .308. It's dialled regularly from 100m through 940m and performed great. For the money, the feature set is very hard bet imho. Matching turrets/reticle in FFP, clear glass, and crisp, audible clicks. Little features like zero stop, raised magnification numbers, and 'off' switch between each level of illumination are well thought out too.

I'm currently in the process of rebarreling my .308 and going to upgrade the glass to a PM II or more likely the new Khales given the S&B spec I'm after seem like hens teeth. That said the PST will have a place on the .223 for a long time yet!

Archived