DSC2 GUARANTEE ?????

Guest fern

Hi guys, just seen the above advertised on EBAY. Just cant help wondering how any body can make such a guarantee??.I understand that the candidate will have achieved dsc1 therefore should be able to shoot straight,but it all stops there. How often will the candidate be taken out before they become proficent at hygienically gralloching deer correctly, jointing lower legs,locating and identifying lymphnodes etc ???

It took me a few outings and several hundred quid to get my deer,but felt pleased with what i had achieved, even though i had been dragging my feet thinking that i should not have to do this having been stalking for 25 years.

Be interested any views on this MONEY making scheme

FERN

Hi Fern

Have you got the item number I am intrigued how does anyone make this guarantee

Just had look and it must have finished,but new one on is no 330207101733

Shooting Park Deer is not permitted for DMQ 2.

The sooner this mess is sorted out by those at the top the better it will be for all.

HWH.

H,

I agree with you 100%, it is a mess.

That said, I believe that the DMQ rules have been changed and Park Deer can be included in a DMQ 2 portfolio.

As usual its all about money!

There are a few in the deer stalking world who's real intention is to fill their pockets, I include the so called Deer Initiative bunch in that as well :mellow: . It is a farce really and it will end in tears , because after these t%%&rs have finished pushing and grabbing we will end up extremely unpopular with the general public and with an exam system like in some countries on the continent. The only consolation when people like us have been driven out, is that the t$%ts who brought it about will be the ones getting beaten up and thrown in ponds by the dedicated antis. :lol:

Redfox

H,

I agree with you 100%, it is a mess.

That said, I believe that the DMQ rules have been changed and Park Deer can be included in a DMQ 2 portfolio.

Hi

When i was doing my DSC 2 i rang the DSC people up and asked a few questions,

In this conversation they asked me where i live, Answer Nottingham, reply arrr you are just down the road from Mr stretton,He has a very good fersilitility there, My reply was. yes he does,And this is where i did my DSC 1. But i do have a problem with doing my level 2 in a park,I said do you really think that this is the best place to do your level 2.

They said that they new what i meant,but said it would be OK to do it there.

I must say now i did not do my level 2 at this place,As i did not think it was the correct place to do it.

I have been told that Mr stretton no longer does the level 2 in his park.

So yes they where allowing it back then,in fact i would say they where actively encouraging it.

but just shooting the beast is not the only part of the DSC2,

There is a lot more to it than that,so how someone can make the statement that they guarantee a pass,is beyond me.

ATB

Colin :mellow:

I have just referred to my`Accredited Witness Guide` which is dated 2002 and therefore possibly out of date.

It states `The stalk, or dispatch assessment will normally take place in an area where deer are wild, i,e. not normally contained within a perimeter fence or wall`.

`Within a Deer Park all but the ``locate and approach`` element of PC 1.7 can be assessed`.

I retired from the AW scheme a while ago.

It would be helpful if some senior person from DMQ entered this debate and brought us up to date with the current rules of the game as there appears to be a different procedure taking place at various locations.

HWH.

Im pleased to hear we all feel the same on this subject, but where does it end? I know. Being told how to do something by someone that hasnt a clue..An incident springs to mind a few years ago. As stated earlier i dragged my heels a bit getting involved in DSC, but a good mate of mine had been forced into it throgh his job. Whist visiting he produced a certificate that he payed around £10 for for the meat hygiene regs.We debated this for a while and what it was worth, i stated that i have a diploma in meat inspection and other food, his face lit up and said AYE BUT E HAVNI YIN O THESE. Need i say more????

Absolutely disgusted!! :angry: Can't believe that people will do this. Makes a mockary out of the dsc2 and takes the p.ss out of the people that has done it the hard way.

Hi guys, just seen the above advertised on EBAY. Just cant help wondering how any body can make such a guarantee??.I understand that the candidate will have achieved dsc1 therefore should be able to shoot straight,but it all stops there. How often will the candidate be taken out before they become proficent at hygienically gralloching deer correctly, jointing lower legs,locating and identifying lymphnodes etc ???

It took me a few outings and several hundred quid to get my deer,but felt pleased with what i had achieved, even though i had been dragging my feet thinking that i should not have to do this having been stalking for 25 years.

Be interested any views on this MONEY making scheme

FERN

if this is true someone should tell David Strtton of Donnington deer management,as ALL his deer is shot in a park but then again ghes so far up BASCs behind they probably over look it :angry:

Hi all.

I have spoken to Nick Lane of BASC this morning briefly [ he had to scamper off somewhere ! ]

The rules HAVE been changed since my AW notes of 2002 were issued.

He said that new guidelines may be issued in Feb. / March and it would appear from what he said that it IS possible to complete your DMQ2 in a Deer-park.

HWH.

I personaly dont think that the killing of the deer is the only issue here. Is a cadidate with no practical experence able to carry out all the other criteria???. Can this AW GUARANTEE that the novice candidate is not going to introduce a badly gralloched or unfit carcase into the food chain????. When all said and done thats what all this is about!!!!!

FERN

I've looked at the Ebay Advert in question, & decided to email them to ask about the Guarantee bit. Below is the response I got back. You'll see by the last paragraph he is concerned that people will be reading it different to what is advertised.

Thanks for your email. I would just like to clarify what we are in fact offering. We are NOT guaranteeing the DSCL2 Certificate. You are right, it is up to the candidate to demonstrate their proficiency, so obviously even with our vast experience in deer management, we cannot influence their performance in any way.

However, we CAN guarantee that they will shoot their three deer. That is all we are offering. No quick fixes here! If the candidate has done their homework, and have got to grips with what is expected of them, then they are winning.

Once they have a basic knowledge and understanding of the requirements, then JDS WILL get them their three deer, regardless of how many stalks they need.

With the greatest respect, I would be interested to know what (the wording in our adverts/website) led you to believe that we were guaranteeing DSC L2. If people are getting the wrong idea, then I am nly too happy to amend the wording.

Well half way through this post I received another email from them,

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for that.

I meant we guarantee you success at shooting the required 3 deer, however, I take your point and will amend the wording when we re-list the item.

I think now he can see where they have being mis-understood, & the concerns in the posts above verify that.

BJ.

Archived