DPS 3 problems.

bri2506

Anyone had problems with there DPS 3. It's had a funny do before but came right, but this time it's gone off the rails completely. It's hunting up and down with weighing and when it touch it, it goes beserk. It's well out of warranty has anyone any advice on what I can do

Was going to go for a RCBS but couldn't get one at the time. And couldnt be bothered waiting. Lesson learnt, saying that they aren't without problems

my advice is to throw it in the bin and forget you ever owned it.on my third one now all warranty replacements been in the cupboard now for two years unused just dont trust it one bit.buy yourself a set of 1010's and a lee thrower and your well away and nearly as quick as the lyman at half the price

Anyone had problems with there DPS 3. It's had a funny do before but came right, but this time it's gone off the rails completely. It's hunting up and down with weighing and when it touch it, it goes beserk. It's well out of warranty has anyone any advice on what I can do

Before you bin it try this.

Wipe the scales and bench with some of the anti static sheets that you use in a tumble dryer.

Just tried to wipe it down with anti static wipes and still the same. I can't get through to optics warehouse which is where I bought. Think it's time to put it out as a 500 yard target for 25-06.

I loaded some with a powder despencer and tricked up to load with my RCBS 750 scales and was surprised how fast it was.

Might just go to RCBS comp powder thrower and trickle up

Just tried to wipe it down with anti static wipes and still the same. I can't get through to optics warehouse which is where I bought. Think it's time to put it out as a 500 yard target for 25-06.

I loaded some with a powder despencer and tricked up to load with my RCBS 750 scales and was surprised how fast it was.

Might just go to RCBS comp powder thrower and trickle up

A competition powder thrower and a trickler?? Why a "competition" thrower if you are going to trickle loads onto a beam scale? Save your money. Get a standard volumetric measure if you are going to trickle them anyhow. You only need enough precision to get you close. I've used Lee dippers to get that initial chare on the scale pan before trickling. It all ends up the same.~Andrew

Archived