scope choice for under 900

^varmints^

I have been looking around for a similar thing (for a .22br) and have had plenty of time to trawl through hours of internet bumf reviews and forums and am not better off really.

What I have limited the choice down though is the following 3:

Sightron SIII 6-24x50 LRMD/CM

Vortex PST 6-24x50 EBR1 Mrad

Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 z-plex

All these you can by with enough left to get a decent set of rings and accessories for the 1k mark. I've looked through the Sightron and vortex at the same time during the day, the sightron had slightly better glass but I preferred the turrets of the vortex and also the IR. Not looked through the Zeiss as its a American import compared to the others its a 1"body and there may be warranty issue from the UK. Ive still yet to decide, there are other option but to me they seemed best for what i wanted and had a similar need to your own.

Best of luck

Will

I have been looking around for a similar thing (for a .22br) and have had plenty of time to trawl through hours of internet bumf reviews and forums and am not better off really.

What I have limited the choice down though is the following 3:

Sightron SIII 6-24x50 LRMD/CM

Vortex PST 6-24x50 EBR1 Mrad

Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 z-plex

All these you can by with enough left to get a decent set of rings and accessories for the 1k mark. I've looked through the Sightron and vortex at the same time during the day, the sightron had slightly better glass but I preferred the turrets of the vortex and also the IR. Not looked through the Zeiss as its a American import compared to the others its a 1"body and there may be warranty issue from the UK. Ive still yet to decide, there are other option but to me they seemed best for what i wanted and had a similar need to your own.

Best of luck

Will

"Precision" suggests a fine reticule-you won't want a duplex at 600 yards,it just covers too much -but too fine will be harder to see in lower light.It is horses for courses.You won't regret the option of 25x,maybe more-it depends partly on how precise your rifle is. I like the leupold 8.25,and the nightforce 8-32,though the NF is heavy- for both,either the fine varmint reticule or mildots.Sightron S111,has a good reputation.Some shooters must have good eyes indeed if they think any of these lack clarity in reasonable light.But you won't want 25x if you are shooting at dusk,200 yards away.Turrets may be more important if you are dialling in wind/drop a lot.Kepp looking through as many as you can-it is somewhat subjective-S&B eg are not everyone's holy grail,but they are not half bad in some ways!But £1k is a limiter,unless used.The bad scenario is when nothing fits your desiderata!

george

Archived