Morovision MV-760 G3 night vision

jungle_re

http://www.morovision.com/weapons_sights/MVPA-MV-760-3P.htm

Half the weight (ish) of the Raptor 6x Gen 3 on paper and excellent bit of kit and I can say having looked through one and shot a bit it really os excellent in the field.

Anyone else got any experience of these i've not come across anything much in the UK about them?

I have x2 -760s and x2 -740 same as but with x4 mag rather than x6 in -760s great scopes and yes as said a lot lighter that the raptor

:o:ph34r: That a divorce worthy amount of NV hats off to you fella glad i'm not a Cheshire/Afghan fox :D

Do you use an IR illuminator with any and if so any recommendations for the 760?

Ive got access to a 760 but it doesn't have an IR so going to get one for it. Yesterday was the first time i'd handled in not on a rifle and I was amazed at the weight and size, I can't compare the quality to the Raptor as i've not looked through one only seen one on a rifle and its much larger and the specs show nearly twice the weight. It is a newer model though so i expect it is better and its range is stated as much further. That said it was a dark night here last night and I could comfortably watch bunnies at 400m along a wood edge which is good enough for me for night shooting and really impressed me, the addition of an IR and i think it makes a very good sporting outfit. I asked really to find more info about them as I found quite a bit on the Raptors and PV models but these i'd not heard of before.

Carrying tanks to run spyglass is a little excessive for my shooting :)

The comparison is on the web site. 760 x 6 states Detection Range: 1558’ / 475 meters(doesnt state the size of the target though). Raptor 6 x is 2425m for a man sized target. Obviously you ain't gunna be shooting anything that far away but I imagine it would be fun looking through it.....:)

Detection range all depends on how good the glass is and what tube is inside..raptors and 760 don't have much difference in some cases same specs just the raptor weighs twice as much...i would always go for 760 personally.

Mick you don't need eyeshine you use Thermal :P Very nice scopes about the best Commercial unit in my eye's, were the Raptor is the mil-spec and a joy to use ;)

That i do mate picked up a few fox that 204 ruger could not see with his pvs14.. :) ..great for spotting

All good info guys thank you. Not sure if its the manual gain version as ive not got it with me at the moment. WIll have a better look when back in the UK in a couple of months

Mick the 760's and Raptor's don't have that much difference?? apart from EVERY part of the scope is different (tube not inc) you lost me there chap :blink: , how many D760's do you see in use over there? were's the Raptor is still in use. Yes the D760 is a dam good bit of kit but it's never gonna be it's big brother. :P

Bet you would not go back to tubed for spotting now you have used the thermal, i know i wouldn't.

Mick the 760's and Raptor's don't have that much difference?? apart from EVERY part of the scope is different (tube not inc) you lost me there chap :blink: , how many D760's do you see in use over there? were's the Raptor is still in use. Yes the D760 is a dam good bit of kit but it's never gonna be it's big brother. :P

Bet you would not go back to tubed for spotting now you have used the thermal, i know i wouldn't.

Obv different in looks I mean when looking through, I've never seen a raptor only once in use by a mil unit and that was not by the US they have far better optics than raptor mate infact was only a few weeks ago was chatting to a USMC armourer he never heard of them either and when I have asked about raptors I get that funny look, I will still keep and use my tubed monoculars.

Archived