Club constitutions

English

Are any of you aware of potential problems with your club constitution if it followed and NSRA model wording?

It has been suggested that the NSRA have found that some clubs have had legal problems due to the wording of their constitution when they have followed the model NSRA wording?

It has been suggested that the NSRA are going to propose new wording but a search of the NSRA website doesnt have anything about this in their news and does not come up if you do a search on the website?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Has your club had any constitutional problems

BTW the Club secretary wants a mandate at the AGM to change the club constitution as and when any proposed changes come through? Without more info I'm inclined to decline his request?

If anyone is an NSRA member have you seen anything about this in their Magazine?

Any information or your thoughts would be appreciated?

• 3 weeks later...

English,

NSRA's insurers lawyers saying certain procedures related to appeals by a member disciplined must be in the clubs constitution otherwise legal insurance to protect club officials is void - there, did that in one breath :)

Just had to review our clubs constitution as a check.

Terry

Our understanding as Terry says . We sent a copy to the NSRA with our subscription and i am waiting for their approval or not , to come back from them . I think any sent ni are going past their legal beavers to check . Let u know if we get any comments back

cheers ian

Archived