Tikka T3

Toby

Hi,see that there are a few T3 users on the forum.Just wondering if anyone has had problems with the recoil lug(which I believe is aluminum)in chamberings 30-06 or larger?Otherwise interested in general comments positive/negative about these rifles.I've heard two main camps,the they dont make em like they used to and the excellent accuracy straight out the box/value for money crowd.I believe its selling well in USA and Australia.-Toby

Toby

they are not made like the Tikkas of old and the recoil lug is indeed a piece of aluminium - easily replaced by a machined piece of stainless or similar if one desires.

I have shot a few T3's in 308, 30-06 and 6.5x55, they had one thing in common - all shot under an inch consistantly.

IMHO, do not buy the lite - the stock is just too flexible.

There are no real issues with the rifle other than the bean counting measures (plastic bolt shroud, one action length and plastic magazines)

I would say the plastic mag is a plus doesnt go rusty in your pocket etc and is pretty well shatterproof, I have 3 sako ones and had to replace them as they were completely knackered after hill stalking after hinds and getting wet every day, so for a working rifle, which the Tikka is, its more good than bad. imho

Agree dont buy the lite, hunter is wood after that laminated or composite varmint stocks

Redfox

I done a lot of reading on the net before buying my T3 and I decided on the laminate stainless in the end. I'm happy with mine, with ammo it likes it groups pretty well. I've not shot it at distance with its favourite as I haven't had it long, but at 50 yards I got a clean bullet hole with 3 shots a couple of times and clover leafs were the worst result. The gun feels well made and the trigger is pretty good too. I'm happy with mine ;)

Archived