Pump Shotgun FAC to SGC conversion?

Two thick questions on shotguns (I’m not even vaguely up to speed on shotguns!):

Can a 5 shot FAC shotgun be converted to a 3 shot SGC; or is it ‘once FAC always FAC’?

And, for a pump on SGC is the requirement the same as the FAC requirement of 24" barrel 40” overall length (if I have that correct?) or does the SGC shotgun have different dimensional requirements?

Pumps and auto,s are both governed by the 24" barrel rule.

Its possible to convert section one to section two, but not easy. The police do not like it. It would not be economically sensible either.

Is this for PSG Matt ?

If so, dont even consider a 3 shot/sgc gun....its a complete waste of time for the sport. Get a variation and get an fac version.

yes an fac scattergun can be reclassifyed as sgc and vice versa but i'm pretty sure the spas 12 was an exception in as much as if it had the folding stock then it couldnt be reclassifyed but if it originally had the fixed stock then you were ok? make sense(probably not)

it's the same regs as far as i'm aware for pump or semi auto?

Is this for PSG Matt ?

If so, dont even consider a 3 shot/sgc gun....its a complete waste of time for the sport. Get a variation and get an fac version.

No, it's for a low hassle pump for poultry protection - putting a coop in - it's why I'm on the lookout for a beaten up 870 or similar

No, it's for a low hassle pump for poultry protection - putting a coop in - it's why I'm on the lookout for a beaten up 870 or similar

Complete guide to shotguns:

"... so some poor pheasant flies past and you go 'bang,bang'?

Lord S (best shot in England) "No,just 'bang',"

Archived