I have a remmy 700 and use it all the time (well when i'm flattening fig 11's at thetford) it's not match acurate but it goes bang !

Just out of interest, where do you get your 7.62 ammo from?

Cheers

Graham

The CBC 7.62 ball link ammo shoots well. Far better than it should for gpmg ammo. But the random (radway) green is carp. And the CBC is reloadable too.

7.62 in .308 is fine

5.56 in .223 can cause issues dependant on chamber specs and twist as the 62gr shoots like carp in a 1-12"

The CBC 7.62 ball link ammo shoots well. Far better than it should for gpmg ammo. But the random (radway) green is carp. And the CBC is reloadable too.

7.62 in .308 is fine

5.56 in .223 can cause issues dependant on chamber specs and twist as the 62gr shoots like carp in a 1-12"

OK,most surplus ammo is fit for purpose-it shoots within a few inches of where you wanted it to!Occasionally,more by luck,it's better in a particular rifle.Different batches eg RG can vary quite a bit.

To be fair,if 62 g wasn't any good,then it's a function of twist,as you say,and it is quite likely that commercial or handloads in 62g (+) would not shoot well either.

george

Just out of interest, where do you get your 7.62 ammo from?

Cheers

Graham

I brought a load of 1 in 1 link and stripped it for the tracer (for a bit of fun) and used up the rg ball at thetford on falling plates , i actually got it from selective arms near me but i don't think thay can get it anymore?

The NATO 62gr bullets are long for weight due to the steel penetrator in the front, my old x-bolt shot 65gr bullets fine, but was terrible with the NATO ammo. But yes, it's down to the twist, thus the reasoning I did say about the twist in my first post.

TackB 1 in 1 link would be all tracer, 1 in 5 is normal. And yes, tracer is fun, foxes don't like it up 'em apparently ;)

The NATO 62gr bullets are long for weight due to the steel penetrator in the front, my old x-bolt shot 65gr bullets fine, but was terrible with the NATO ammo. But yes, it's down to the twist, thus the reasoning I did say about the twist in my first post.

TackB 1 in 1 link would be all tracer, 1 in 5 is normal. And yes, tracer is fun, foxes don't like it up 'em apparently ;)

well every other round had a red tip and a little red flame on it's back end when i fired it so what would you call it ?

it's a 'to' not an 'in'

1:1 or 1 bit

as opposed to 1:4 or 4 bit

I wonder if as many as 1 in 5 native speakers would agree.Of course,one to one,I wouldn't get my ratios in a twist over/about it,not one little bit.

george

7.62 in .308 is fine

Hi,

The issue with NATO 62gr ball ammo is that it is long for it's weight due to the steel penetrator. This is the reason that military rifles in 5.56mm have longer throats/leads and the use of a 'Wylde' chamber in civilian rifles to allow the use of military ammo. A lot of people disregard this and I end up having to 'un-freeze' .223 sporting rifles,

Alan

it's a 'to' not an 'in'

1:1 or 1 bit

as opposed to 1:4 or 4 bit

Well, I'm only going by what I see and hear, but I know fook all it seems. Bl00dy good job I'm not a range warden then. Lol.

Al, that's why I said about chamber spec. Then later said about the 'long for weight' penetrators. Up at bisley sat, you gonna be about ?

Well, I'm only going by what I see and hear, but I know fook all it seems. Bl00dy good job I'm not a range warden then. Lol.

Al, that's why I said about chamber spec. Then later said about the 'long for weight' penetrators. Up at bisley sat, you gonna be about ?

Hi,

I'm at the OSM on Sunday, McQueen a.m., 100 yards Hunter Benchrest p.m. I shall be in the workshop on Saturday if you fancy a detour, plenty of tea and coffee on the go!

All the best,

Alan

Archived