AI AE SCOPE MOUNTING HEIGHT & what mounts?

Offroad Gary

gents, just setting up a 5-25 pm2 on my AI AE, current mounts give centre bore to centre scope as 2"/5cm, which seems very low, cheekpiece is set minimum and scope clears barrell by 2mm. What mount you guys using and what height you getting?? Cheers

further question, just boresighed scope on rifle, only able to get round to 18.5 mils on second turn, does than mesn should use a higher mount or one with incline to get round the full double turn? 18.5 should get me out to 1200m anyway i think.....

Hi Gary,

The obvious answer is are you struggling to fit the rifle or can you adjust the rifle to fit you? You should be relaxed behind the scope without any stress or strain. If this is not the case then you need to change the mounts. If you are losing over half of your potential elevation than an inclined mount would also help,

Best regards

Alan

Gary,

More than anything I would say make sure you are comfortable behind the rifle. Don't strain your neck to get too low or even too high.

The closer you can get the centre of the scope to the bore the better.

Has the rail got built in cant? If not the AI mount might be the answer. But they are dam ugly. £120 for an air gun sports match mount IMHO.

Spoke to sporting services who said 45' mount for the schmidt, but BD recommended 28' mount with 2mm milled out to allow the schmidt to fit, graham subsequently confirmed this as an option.... Decisions, decisions........

• 2 weeks later...

Gone for some ARMS mounts, nice looking things, just need 4 new screws to refix my picatinny rail to the AI (dont ask)..... Anyone know what thread size they are??? Maybe 6-48 or something metric??

Archived