Pulsar Forward DFA75

Grouse

Just been reading a short report on this - objective lens mountable digital unit, in Modern Gamekeeping magazine.

Anybody had anything to do with any prototypes? Sounds like an interesting unit if it has the clarity and quality.

Though I use a D480, the advantages of digital, once quality increases interests me.

Even with tubed NV I find that the addition of ir is essential, not least so that l get eye shine, therefore is no real consequence in the ability to be totally covert. Unless it's human presence you are worried about.

First look through a 550 I was not impressed, just wandering if this new offering is any better?

Big downfall with tubed units for me, is the Dawn/dusk period when waiting for foxes.

I use thermal for spotting so don't need eyeshine, and my nv scope don't need ir unless i look out to stupid range's which my cal of rifle and me can't shoot that far. I agree with the dawn/dusk bit tho it is a pain you could always use a ir cover

Was using a Ir filter from the bay 850nm, been using them for years on different dedicated's never seen any damage at all, if used early evening before dark they work fine then as it get real dark just flip it off, i used to have a picture i will try and dig it out off the lens-cap i made.

DSCF1401_zps07040377.jpg

DSCF1400_zps63a855ec.jpg

I use thermal for spotting so don't need eyeshine, and my nv scope don't need ir unless i look out to stupid range's which my cal of rifle and me can't shoot that far. I agree with the dawn/dusk bit tho it is a pain you could always use a ir cover

What type of thermal kit are you using these days Camo ?

I thought the D480 had a variable gain? which enables you to use it in those awkward times between light and dark

Your right Ian, some models do have a variable gain button, but not on all models - ours doesn't!

Archived