Hightowers 1st fox

Guest northernchris

Guest northernchris

Simon has been out lamping with me on & off for the last 9 months,a few months ago he got his 1st ticket through .......he is now the owner of a nice .222 Tika 595 and a CZ 452 .22rf :mellow: Well after plenty of practice on rabbits and the odd crow he was up for getting himself a Charlie :lol:

The weather was spot on tonite so we had a quick run around to see what was about.We spotted a set of eyes way out @ 350+yrds too far out but with the wind blowing well it was a no go for Si with the .222,so i cracked the FoxPro out and turned the volume up....................Result 1 dead vixen @ 122yrds to a head shot and Simons 1st fox was in the bag:D

IMG_0125.jpg

Oh and i managed to sneak one aswell :lol:

IMG_0129.jpg

Thats great your first one on the score board and a photo you will always remember , I see the tikka in one photo whats that fancy bit of kit in the second it looks a tool :mellow:

Guest hightower
Nice shooting, nothing like getting your first Fox :mellow: I bet he is pleased as punch.

Oh yes. This is the first we've been able to lay our hands on for a pic, so well pleased.

Guest hightower
Sorry HT, didn't realise you were a member, got to love the Tikka, i know i love mine :mellow:

Yes, been a member for a while since I first started lamping with Chris. Had always shot shotguns (have 32" Miroku Mk38 and Beretta semi as well as the rifles) up until that point.

I do like the Tikka as well. It was bought secondhand and the action is nice and smooth. And with the Hornady factory ammo it is shooting really well. The CZ, bought new, is still a little stiff but nothing that a few nights out won't cure :lol:

Nice one chris!!! :P:D

I bet your mate is chuffed to bits , good on ya for showing him the ropes - or should i say the trigger!!!! :P;) ;)

All the best...................

RAY....................................... :D;)

Guest northernchris

Fox Hunter

Glad you like my hat :D

Tim

Its the only way to do it,its were alot of people make the mistake of trying to run before they can walk.Safety and marksmanship need to go hand in hand.

15 odd years ago the local game dealer in Newtonmore managed to shoot himself with his stalking/foxing rifle AND lived to tell the tale :P:P These thing we all use need RESPECT.

I get just as much pleasure taking people out Foxing/Stalking as i do shooting myself,something i have done for over 20years now.

Archived