260 Rem update - new barrel fitted

jcampbellsmith

A quick update. I have updated the details in http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/gallery/member-galleries/p2948-remington-700-sa-in-260-rem.html for my 260 Rem as it's now wearing a new True-Flite barrel fitted by Forum member Grant Taylor in Dundee. Shooting it's a bit tricky with a cracked rib, but the initial results are looking very promising. Using my old stalking load with no adjustments of any sort, I got the following results this afternoon.

All three legacy loads are shooting well in the new barrel.

Regards JCS

A quick update. I have updated the details in http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/gallery/member-galleries/p2948-remington-700-sa-in-260-rem.html for my 260 Rem as it's now wearing a new True-Flite barrel fitted by Forum member Grant Taylor in Dundee. Shooting it's a bit tricky with a cracked rib, but the initial results are looking very promising. Using my old stalking load with no adjustments of any sort, I got the following results this afternoon.

All three legacy loads are shooting well in the new barrel.

Regards JCS

Got to love that calibre... I have three done by Baldie and they all shoot sweetly with low recoil.... my Favourite!

• 1 month later...
Hi there, I'm thinking of converting my .243 to a .260, what is the process and what else has to be changed? Where would I get the brass for this load and is there any load data and bullet weights for this round? Any information would be much appreciated.

Simply rebarrel with 260 chamber.... bolt face etc the same.

I use Lapua 260 brass but you can convert .243 by necking up if you have a lot already.

I have several loads for Scenar 123g & 139g and Nosler accubond 130g if interested... usual caveat sabout 'works safely in my rifle' apply of course.

Davet

Archived